New oline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
    Agreed, but when you coach in the SEC, there's 5-6 teams each year in that league with guys that are bigger, stronger, faster than the norm.
    And the top tier SEC teams will play 1-3 of those teams a year, filling the rest of their schedules with Appalachian State and the like who can be pushed around easy. Look at games like Bama/LSU where it is big bodies vs big bodies, they are mostly stalemates.

Comment

That was my point. He coached at Bama. His guys had to go up against LSU, Florida and Georgia. They still looked good.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
        Wouldn't it also stand to reason that said program would also pursue high-quality coaches and good coaches would gravitate there as a result of the better players? You really think good coaches go around thinking, "I want to coach for a shitty school so I can really polish up some turds and prove how good I am."
        In College football? Of course not. They say, "I know this guy so I can get a job here." That is the truth of the situation. I bet you think Phils Jackson was just a mastermind and Jordan/Pippen teams plus Kobe/Shaq teams werent the driving forces behind winning. Players win, there is a reason Saban is back i college football

Comment

Originally posted by Brandonn View Post
          In College football? Of course not. They say, "I know this guy so I can get a job here." That is the truth of the situation. I bet you think Phils Jackson was just a mastermind and Jordan/Pippen teams plus Kobe/Shaq teams werent the driving forces behind winning. Players win, there is a reason Saban is back i college football
          Speculation and strawman. So your contention is that coaches don't matter? Why couldn't Saban cut it in the NFL then? I don't follow. You're all over the place.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            Speculation and strawman. So your contention is that coaches don't matter? Why couldn't Saban cut it in the NFL then? I don't follow. You're all over the place.
            In the NFL, everyone is NFL ready. You cant pack your schedule with cream puffs and play 2 hard games a year. "So your contention is that coaches don't matter" IS A STRAWMAN. I a saying putting a great deal of stock into a coach that has CLEARLY superior players is silly.

Comment

Or

Peters Herremans Kelce Mathis Johnson.
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Everybody that has the Eagles on their schedule this year might think otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                X