Coach Kelly likes Nick Foles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Kelly likes Nick Foles

Imagine that! A coach who says what he means. And pundits and mediots will still claim he's going to draft a quarterback because they can't imagine an uptempo offense without a QB who runs the ball 15 times per game and runs with the speed of a WR.

I have no idea if the opening day starter will be Vick or Foles, but it's going to be one of them. The other will be the backup. Maybe next year they'll draft a young kid. The 2013 QBs are already on the roster.

We will draft a qb in rd 3 or rd 4. I wouldn't be so sure of what you say.

Comment

The thing is, whoever they select will not be a long term solution. Next year will see a franchise QB. Vick/Foles/Dixon is just a clusterf*ck for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
        We'll see. I seriously doubt it. Next year will be the new QB unless Foles develops into a serious player. Then they'll draft a new backup.

I think the new coach understands that the 2013 eagles are not going to be contenders. This is a three year trek back to respectability. No point in wasting time on QBs that are not real franchise players. Get through this first year with what you have under center.
        Last edited by The Ref; 04-26-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

I disagree - if they get Scott, it will be because they really want him. You don't use a high 3rd or high 4th on a throwaway qb when you have the needs this roster has.

I think Dixon will get cut this year, but the new qb will compete with Foles once Vick is gone next year.

Just my opinion, of course.
          Last edited by Bardy; 04-26-2013, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I don't think a 3rd or 4th is intended to be a franchise guy. But if they get somebody and they surprise, more power to 'em. But I'm all about not wasting a high pick on somebody who is a bust coming out of the chute.

Comment

I'm not sure you need a prototypical "franchise QB" to lead Kelly's offense. You need an athlete with a good arm and a brain.

Comment

Matt Scott, Arizona.

Comment

Naaahh...too many other needs.

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
                  Better depth in other need positions, install your system, get the franchise moving and try for better talent next season if the current QBs fall short.
                  "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Yep. Unless somebody gets him first. I think they will grab him in rd4.

Comment

I'll be fine with that.

Comment

I think they have been going "best player available", as they said. None of the Reid (FF) BS of trying to be smarter than everybody else.

It's just that the BPA hasn't been a QB. We will see what happens when we get to later rounds and the available talent pool starts to look more level. I suspect that is when they will move to a more need based selection. At least that is what I would do.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I agree 100%

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                          I think they have been going "best player available", as they said. None of the Reid (FF) BS of trying to be smarter than everybody else.

It's just that the BPA hasn't been a QB. We will see what happens when we get to later rounds and the available talent pool starts to look more level. I suspect that is when they will move to a more need based selection. At least that is what I would do.
                          The second pick was a minor surprise but it was not a reach on anyone's mock, the NFL net heads had a good deal of praise for the pick.

Im actually forward to the next several rounds.
                          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

We will draft a 3rd founder next year. 2034 is our year.

Comment

Foles was the second ranked qb before the college season started rep years ago. He had a better year year than the previous year but not as good as scouts wanted. He's not without talent. His biggest problem is accuracy with the deep ball. Not arm strength. But if he can't get that figured out they'll need to draft a qb next year.
                              Last edited by nerd; 04-27-2013, 12:10 AM.
                              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Working...
                              X