Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Banks from SI loved the Ertz pick

? Friday night picks I loved:
    – Miami taking Boise State cornerback Jamar Taylor with the 54th overall pick, in the second round. The Dolphins now have their replacement for the departed Sean Smith.
    – Philadelphia getting Stanford tight end Zach Ertz with the third pick of the second round, giving the Eagles a young pass catcher who will help whoever wins the team’s starting quarterback job.
    – San Francisco, after trading down from No. 34 to No. 40 in the second round, picking up Tennessee’s seventh-rounder this year and third-rounder in 2014, landing Florida State defensive end Tank Carradine. The 49ers were all over Carradine for the past month or so, and getting a quality pass rusher in the top half of the second round is an example of not over-paying for a player coming off an ACL tear.
    – Denver drafting Wisconsin running back Montee Ball late in the second round. He’s going to help the Broncos move the chains, and the NCAA’s Football Bowl Subdivision all-time leading touchdown scorer knows where the end zone is.

Pete Prisco says B+

I love the pick to find another tight end to go with Brent Celek. Ertz is a nice receiving tight end. But was it a need?
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      Pete Prisco says B+

I love the pick to find another tight end to go with Brent Celek. Ertz is a nice receiving tight end. But was it a need?
      keep pedaling back. It seems to me, they're fine with the stopgap DBs they signed and will wait for the right player to come to them.

At least they haven't reached yet

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
        keep pedaling back. It seems to me, they're fine with the stopgap DBs they signed and will wait for the right player to come to them.

At least they haven't reached yet
        Pedaling back from what? I said I wouldnt have picked a tight end in the second round. Still say it. I never said he sucked.

You Chipsters have a real problem with opposing opinions. Seem a bit insecure.

This is Ertz reward for keeping Chip from getting squashed by Alabama.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I guess that means they are keeping 3 tight ends and Clay Harbor gets cut. I assume they keep James Casey.

Also, is Dixon pretty much gone already? They're going to take a QB today, that means Vick, Foles, Rookie, Dixon cut.

Comment

you went from...

I dont know a damn thing about him but a tight end in the second round? Makes no sense.
            to

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
              I guess that means they are keeping 3 tight ends and Clay Harbor gets cut. I assume they keep James Casey.

Also, is Dixon pretty much gone already? They're going to take a QB today, that means Vick, Foles, Rookie, Dixon cut.
              they're probably keeping at least 4 TEs (I've read that a few times). As far as Dixon, he might hit the practice squad

Comment

Working...
              X