2014 4.0M
    2015 4.7M
    2016 4.9M

Ertz (#35 pick) is slotted for

2013 0.9M
    2014 1.2M
    2015 1.5M
    2016 1.7M

Harbor is only 630K this year - this last year of his contract.

Maybe the thinking is they can cut Celek and upgrade tight end while saving cap space.
    Last edited by Maniac; 04-27-2013, 09:32 AM.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

That's Banneresque thinking

I don't see them cutting Celek to save cap space, at least not this year. Who's the blocking TE if they cut him?

I have a feeling Chipper is salivating at the thought of having the flexibility to either run or pass out of a three TE set. Celek, Ertz and Casey give him that.

Comment

Chip values the TE position big time. He won't want Celek cut.

Comment

Yeah he's not getting cut. The FB position is gone in this offence they will use 2- 3 TE set's just like NE.

Comment

The dead money probably keeps Celek around another year but I dont see them paying him 4 million in 2014. Almost any tight end is going to be a mismatch in that set.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Yeah, this will be Celek's last season for the Eagles (if not in the NFL). He has been in decline for two seasons as his athleticism was never that great and his concentration problems have become a growing concern.

All this talk that this guy is "above average" is ludicrous. He enjoyed two or three seasons where he was a tick above an average tight end but those days are well in the rearview by this point. I just don't think he put the time and work into his game to make him an above average football player and that has shown on the field lately.

Before you argue this point think about this for a minute: if Celek was really an above average player why would a second round selection with no NFL Experience bump him so easily from the depth chart within minutes of his being drafted? The answer is obvious: Brent Celek isn't as good as people give him credit for being.
            "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
              Celek gets
              2013 3.2M (1.2 dead money)
              2014 4.0M
              2015 4.7M
              2016 4.9M

Ertz (#35 pick) is slotted for

2013 0.9M
              2014 1.2M
              2015 1.5M
              2016 1.7M

Harbor is only 630K this year - this last year of his contract.

Maybe the thinking is they can cut Celek and upgrade tight end while saving cap space.
              Don't forget Dressen got a decent contract.

Comment

Working...
              X