Best Player Available must be going on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Player Available must be going on here

Chip looked at his board and say Barkley graded out much higher than everyone and made a move.

EH. whatever. Not a big fan of his. But for a 4th rd value, might be something.

I think Chip already had Barkley on his board. And I suspect that they saw Oakland getting ready to grab him, so they jumped up. The Raiders then traded down, so that might be why.

Pure speculation, but it kinda makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
      I think Chip already had Barkley on his board. And I suspect that they saw Oakland getting ready to grab him, so they jumped up. The Raiders then traded down, so that might be why.

Pure speculation, but it kinda makes sense.
      Reid was gonna grab him. Now he can deal for Foles instead.

It's nice having guys running this team who actually are smart and cunning not some clown always trying to prove how smart he is.
      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

If it was best player available strategy they didn't do that in the 3rd Round.

Comment

And it doesn't look like the move cost that much. Swap 4ths, and they gave Jacksonville their first pick in the 7th. I'm not sure if they gave up anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
            If it was best player available strategy they didn't do that in the 3rd Round.
            You don't know that Logan wasn't higher on their board than barkley, though.
            "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

There also is a rumor Reid was the one who tipped off Miami that the Eagles were going to take Dion.

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
              Reid was gonna grab him. Now he can deal for Foles instead.

It's nice having guys running this team who actually are smart and cunning not some clown always trying to prove how smart he is.

Comment

Chip said that he has a specific list of players, and that he really doesn't do the best player thing (unless of course it's the best player on his list).

Comment

You can't say that. You literally have zero idea where they had Logan ranked. For all you know, he was their best ranked player on the board at that spot.

Comment

You don't know that...

Comment

Agreed, I don't know if he was best player on Chip's board but I do know he wasn't the best player available in that spot based on mock boards.

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                      You can't say that. You literally have zero idea where they had Logan ranked. For all you know, he was their best ranked player on the board at that spot.

Comment

You want the Eagles to make a pick based on what Chip, Gamble and their own scouts think or based on what Mayock and Kiper think?

There's a reason the talking heads get paid to be talking heads and not GMs and coaches.

Comment

Well, Miami screwed themselves there. Their trade with the Chiefs for Albert is all but dead, and they needed a OT in the worst way to replace Jake Long, so they trade up ahead of the Eagles to take a pass rushing LB leaving the Eagles to take the OT they (Fins) so desperately needed??? And in fact, the Raiders, who were so desperate to replace the 2nd they gave up for Palmer, screwed themselves as well by not asking for the world for that 3rd rounder--the Fins should have either given up 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks or their 1st and 2 2nds. Jumping from outside the top 10 to the top 5 and you just give up one extra pick???

Comment

I'm fine with that.

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                            You want the Eagles to make a pick based on what Chip, Gamble and their own scouts think or based on what Mayock and Kiper think?

There's a reason the talking heads get paid to be talking heads and not GMs and coaches.

Comment

That's why mock boards are put together by people who don't get paid to evaluate talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X