• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st team def?

"Bennie Logan" ~ Sapoga ~ Cox
    Barwin ~ Ryans ~ Chaney ~ Kendricks
    Cary Fletcher ~ Chung ~ Phillips ~ Cary Williams

Looks pretty slim ....

This is chip ball. We don't want no strong defense.

Comment

Kendricks at ILB and BGraham/Trent Cole at OLB

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
        Kendricks at ILB and BGraham/Trent Cole at OLB
        Your right that's better but I don't see Trent Cole falling back in coverage which makes the secondary really thin ...

Comment

Referring to iowaigglephan's post, it's a 4-3 under, not a 3-4. There's a DE, a NT, a DT, and 3 LBs with one on the outside playing close to the line and rushing often. Then there's a joker or "leo" position, which is a DE/OLB whose only job is to rush. Chris Clemons plays that position in Seattle and I think Trent Cole could play it here, at least for a year or two...
          Last edited by ishimonster; 04-27-2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
            This is chip ball. We don't want no strong defense.
            I think next yr will be Tom Gamble's turn to run the draft to a point.

Comment

It's not the CheFFs here with 6 pro bowlers.

It's a Vermiel type overhaul. Do you honestly think the Eagles are a defense slanted draft away from the playoffs or a SB run?

The team needs retooling.

Comment

I think that might be chips intention. Build an awesome offense this year, see how the free agent pickups on the D do. Next year max out on top flight defensive players, its easier and quicker to build a defense then an offense. Viola 2nd year major playoff run!
                On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                  I think that might be chips intention. Build an awesome offense this year, see how the free agent pickups on the D do. Next year max out on top flight defensive players, its easier and quicker to build a defense then an offense. Viola 2nd year major playoff run!
                  I don't know if it was that specific a thought process. After all, if the draft swung just a tad different the Eagles would have taken Dion Jordan in the first and, most likely would have selected two defensive linemen with their first three picks.

The Eagles were clearly picking best on board throughout and you have that luxury when every position outside of Halfback needs new talent.

The emphasis on defensive free agents seemed more out of an immediate necessity to add starting caliber players to units which had very few starting caliber players when Kelly assumed power. I don't think was part of some grand scheme to patch holes with free agents on defense and then load up on young talent on offense (for whatever reason). I just think the draft fell that way and they got the players they felt were the most talented.
                  "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Ask yourself this

Are you better off than you were four months ago?

Comment

Originally posted by dleonard0 View Post
                      "Bennie Logan" ~ Sapoga ~ Cox
                      Barwin ~ Ryans ~ Chaney ~ Kendricks
                      Cary Fletcher ~ Chung ~ Phillips ~ Cary Williams

Looks pretty slim ....
                      This is why the draft will go down as a disaster. And the "offense this year...defense next year". Is a fantasy.

Two concepts here that. Are even more fantasy are "best available" " and value pick". Garbage. Cop out. Terms used by clueless people responsible for putting a competitive team on the field and fail. One of the worst defenses in the league was all but ignored in the draft while MAYBE marginally improving the offense. When we are giving up 30 points a game talk to me about this draft. Because chip ball won't be enough to out score everyone.

Comment

Geno Smith will be a top five pick.
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                        X