Takeaway from Kelly presser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takeaway from Kelly presser

Sounded like a throwaway, but I see significance. When talking about open communication with his players already on the team, the coach said he would call current players when they signed somebody in FA. Just to tell them first hand what they're thinking.

He did the same during the draft. Called and talked to Peters and Herremans when they drafted Johnson. Called and talked to Celek when they drafted Ertz. etc, etc.

Called and talked to Foles when they drafted Barkley. Called and had to leave a message for Vick. Never heard back. How could the guy not have his cell at the ready on draft weekend? And then not call back... The guy is just different. Gotta go. I suppose he expected the coach to text him? I dunno.

What if he was traded? Maybe he wanted to avoid a call from the coach.

Something else I noticed about Chip

He talks about what he is doing. No more monosyllabic answers, he actually tells you what he is planning. I think he said more about his plans and reasoning this weekend than FF did in 14 years. A breath of fresh air...BTW he also sounds like he is having fun, FF always looked annoyed at his pressers.
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Incredible

How do you NOT call back your head coach within 24 hours? The impression this gives is he's offended and he's pouting.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
        ........the coach said he would call current players when they signed somebody in FA. Just to tell them first hand what they're thinking.
        Compared to when FF drafted Klob and left 5 in the dark...

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
          How do you NOT call back your head coach within 24 hours? The impression this gives is he's offended and he's pouting.
          Maybe he is watching a live simulcast of a dog fight somewhere?

Comment

Smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              He talks about what he is doing. No more monosyllabic answers, he actually tells you what he is planning. I think he said more about his plans and reasoning this weekend than FF did in 14 years. A breath of fresh air...BTW he also sounds like he is having fun, FF always looked annoyed at his pressers.
              He also said he felt it impossible to perform the tasks of a Head Coach and a GM. I don't think it was intended as a jab at Reid since he was discussing where he gets involved in the draft process. But it made me think of Andy Reid, how many hats he wore in this organization and the flaws in that business structure.
              "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Working...
              X