The more I read about Kellys Spread offense at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more I read about Kellys Spread offense at

Oregon the more I cant wait to see our running backs have fun with it. In particular Shady who is one of the best cut back rbs in the league

http://fishduck.com/the-chip-kelly-o...ide-zone-read/

The spread requires a qb that thinks quickly makes quick decisions and gets the ball out or handed off. lol if you think read and react are Vick traits you need to go back and look at some of his recent games.

If you take the QB run option out of the Chip ball spread, you really don't have much. And the Eagles don't have a QB on the roster who would survive it.

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
      If you take the QB run option out of the Chip ball spread, you really don't have much. And the Eagles don't have a QB on the roster who would survive it.
      I guess Kelly will have to learn how to keep defenses honest by running it with a running back.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

Yeah

The Patriots offense sucks d*ck.

Comment

shut up
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Tom Brady is why NE is successful.

Comment

Bryce Brown even more so.

Comment

Tom Brady is why NE is successful.
                In 2008 the Patriots went 11-5 without Brady, Gronk Hernandez or Ridley.

That was a weak team with a terrible QB at the helm and they still won games.

This proves there is more to the success of the Patriots than a simple-minded, armchair QB can understand.
                "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

He's right. It's not the same offense without the QB run option. It's right in the article.

If the DE chases the RB, then the QB pulls the ball and runs through the gap from where the DE was. So it doesn’t matter where the DE goes…the ball ain’t here! As a defensive coordinator you don’t want the QB running down the backside of your defense and picking up big yards, thus most defenses will force the handoff to the RB by sitting in the gap.
                  That doesn't mean Kelly can't devise something different. His brilliance may be limitless. But it won't be what iowaigglefan is salivating over.

Apparently that's why Vick is still around. And that's what makes it really interesting that he took a QB in the draft who can't run at all.
                  Last edited by Maniac; 04-29-2013, 07:48 PM.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Or

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                    He's right. It's not the same offense without the QB run option. It's right in the article.

That doesn't mean Kelly can't devise something different. His brilliance may be limitless. But it won't be what iowaigglefan is salivating over.

Apparently that's why Vick is still around. And that's what makes it really interesting that he took a QB in the draft who can't run at all.
                    As I've stated before, it's entirely possible that Chip Kelly doesn't actually need a running QB to run the offense he plans to use here. Of course that's just speculation because, you know......none of us have actually SEEN the offense yet.
                    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

True but this thread is about him running the Oregon spread offense in Philly. Possible but that makes Vick or Dixon the starter.
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                        True but this thread is about him running the Oregon spread offense in Philly. Possible but that makes Vick or Dixon the starter.
                        Nobody except idiots in the media have claimed that Kelly plans to run the same Oregon offense in the NFL. The coach himself has said multiple times that he isn't going to run that offense.

But the media idiots don't know what else to talk about so they believe the coach is lying like Reid did for 14 years.

Kelly's offense is going to be fast. That's all we know.

Offenses that feature a run option for a QB in the NFL will get the QB killed. Watch what happens in Washington, Seattle, and San Fran when their QB's get taken out for the year. And as sure as the sun rises, all three of those QB's will be in the tub more than on the field during their careers if their dumb coaches keep running that kind of offense.

I have no idea if Kelly is going to be successful in the NFL. But he isn't going to be successful running the Oregon offense at this level and he knows it. That's why he hired Sherman, a WCO guy, to be his O coordinator.

It takes some of the dimmer minds time to catch on.

Comment

"That's why he hired Sherman, a WCO guy, to be his O coordinator."
                          Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foles’ in his rookie season, joined some elite company. Foles became only the fifth rookie quarterback in NFL history to complete over 60 percent of his passes, his completion percentage was 60. Additionally, Foles was only the third rookie all time to average at least 240 yards per game, finishing with an average of 243. Overall, in his rookie season, Foles became the only rookie quarterback in NFL history to average 240 yards per game and complete better than 60 percent of his passes.
                          All while getting rid of the football quicker than Michael Vick and finishing with a higher completion percentage and less turn overs. Behind that turd of an O line. How quickly we forget

Oregon attack is about speed - no huddle and flat out wasting the defense physically in an up tempo type offense. I see this being a hybrid WC and spread offense and it excites me. One thats going spread the d out thin and then taking advantage of that with our running backs first which will open up the passing attack.

Foles averaged less than 2.7 seconds on his release time compared to Vicks 3.2 seconds and Vick held the ball over 4.0 seconds 59 times. Last season - ah does that fit that type of offense?

I must admit is I bought into the bs so called experts have been selling. No more I just woke up and remembered the year this kid had with the shit line in front of him and a defense that sucked monkey balls.

Its Foles job to take. Vick I dont think will be up to it. Barkley could make a nice back up to Foles and trade bait for later. Sorry Barkley fans he just doesnt have the arm strength to be a franchise qb but I hope they can sell that to some desperate team down the line. Also hope some team is desperate enough to trade for Vick before the season starts.

Comment

Ref, I can't find the quote I heard from chip which states "You can't win with your qb in the hospital". That perfectly says he is not going to run the read option and is going to run an up tempo tradional offense.
                            On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                              The Patriots offense sucks d*ck.
                              Yeah, it only gets off like it does because they have a QB-ing God behind center, with anyone slightly off, it's gonna look like some BS. But we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                              X