Post Draft thoughts:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Draft thoughts:

How crazy was it not to get a "Giant Head scratching" pick? Andy Reid is no longer in the building. Chip Kelly, Gamble and even Howie stuck true to their board.

I can not pretend to understand what offense Kelly is going to run nor do I care who the QB is going to be.

We are a bigger team after the draft, we are going to turn over a third of our roster this off season. The biggest factor will be improved special teams and a faster paced offense.

I look forward to the "fake games" this summer only to get a glimpse of how this team is going to play. When was the last time season ticket holders could say that? never...

Lets be clear it is still about wins and that is how Kelly is going to be judged. How this team plays and competes for 16 games in year one not the playoffs my expectations are to win more games than last year. 6 to 8 wins with the team as it currently assembled.

Best case: We go worst to first in the east, Kelly takes the NFL by storm, our defense plays out of its mind and we stay in every game. Our Offense scores 30 plus points a game, resembles a NE pro-set "get the ball out- into the hands of our play-makers". Vick goes down early and Barkley becomes our Tom Brady.

Worst case: we struggle, our defense still needs another year to get the players in to run the 4-3 under; we lose a bunch of games early. Kelly has trouble implementing his scheme into the NFL, we win only a few games year one.

We end up with a top 5 pick in the 2014 draft and another off-season knowing what Kelly is trying to do. I just want to believe in this organization once more...

I like Ertz. Good we got an LT. Logan was kind of a WTF... (needed a DT but not quite sure how he fits with the proposed defensive scheme), Barkley... meh, can't hurt, he was a 4th rounder.

I have no expectations for this coming season. I kind of hope we don't turn into the Patriots.

Comment

We Got A LT?

Who? Johnson is a right tackle.
      "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
        Who? Johnson is a right tackle.
        He is now, but don't rule out that in case of a(nother) Peters catastrophe that's where he'd play.

Comment

loved the first 2 picks. the rest are all wait and see. the LSU DT in the 3rd i wasn't crazy about just b/c of the recent history of LSU DL in the NFL.

Barkley could be a steal or could be a marginal pro. his lack of arm strenttthhh (mel kiper voice) is concerning but he was a great value. I wanted sharmarko thomas but the kid from NCST a round later, Wolff, could be just as good as Thomas honestly.

the 3 seventh rounders are wild cards.

Comment

check out his highlight reel on you tube. he played both positions plenty and played them well.

Comment

Hello, Kelly Green.

Love ya, Kelly Green!

Comment

loved, loved, LOVED the Ertz pick

He's a BEAST! He's like Jason Whitten without the stench.
                Last edited by Two Gap Penetrator; 04-30-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

he's nowhere near that big though. he's more athletic and not a run you over dude.

jay bilas loves his length and upside.

Comment

One inch shorter and about 10 pounds lighter

That's it. Imagine you're a DB and this guy has broken free? And you just know those p*ssy DB's don't want to make a tackle.

Comment

Barkley was a Value pick and Logan is a D-lineman

Originally posted by Dr. Claw View Post
                      I like Ertz. Good we got an LT. Logan was kind of a WTF... (needed a DT but not quite sure how he fits with the proposed defensive scheme), Barkley... meh, can't hurt, he was a 4th rounder.

I have no expectations for this coming season. I kind of hope we don't turn into the Patriots.
                      in the 4-3 under could play end or tackle in rotation, this defense is going to take its lumps this year but I do not want to see quit.

Offensive is going to be Run first, McCoy is our best weapon; Ertz, Celek and Casey will be opitions along with Maclin and Jackson. If Vick is a turnover machine he will be benched I hope in favor of Foles or Barkley. It is like NE in the two TE set...

Comment

Working...
                      X