Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Kurt Coleman and Nate Allen still on this team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are Kurt Coleman and Nate Allen still on this team?

Discuss.

Because the front office decided they were going to pick a QB and a NT instead of a safety this offseason.

Comment

Thank you, Dr. Claw. Where is your colleague?

Dr. Hiram Hippocrates!

Comment

Coleman I'd be willing to give a shot as a special teamed. I can't see the ass end of that chump Allen soon enough.

Comment

In his article today, the GREAT LES BOWEN had some choice quotes from Chip Kelly about Nate Allen.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...les__ills.html

-snip-
          "I've really enjoyed having Nate since I've been here," Kelly said this past weekend when asked about the 2010 second-round pick, who has shown only flashes of the ability that got him drafted 37th overall. "He works extremely hard, has got a skill set. He can run, change direction. Watching film, you know he's a physical player . . . Now, it's just the learning process of him being able to diagnose plays and make decisions and some of those things.

"We're encouraged with Nate right now," said Kelly, who added that new defensive coordinator Billy Davis had Allen "as a very high pick coming out and was really intrigued with him when we got here. So far, so good . . . I think he's got, obviously, the skill set to be a very good safety in this league."
          -snip-
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

coleman stinks. can't wait to see him go. would rather give allen another shot than coleman.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Opposing QBs are already salivating.

Comment

In other words he's not very smart

Like we didn't already KNOW that. You can see the confusion back there. The big problem we had was there was not one man in the defensive backfield who could orchestrate and lead the f'ing thing. Not one safety, not one DB, not one middle linebacker. F'in Nnamdi just wants to play man and could give 2 sh*ts about what's going on overall. Not one leader in the whole GD bunch. OMG what a disaster it was.

Comment

At times it is like Allen has never played football before. Who cares if you can run or tackle if you are incapable of ever being in the right place on the football field? He's the very definition of a chump, a Jon Harris level chump.

Comment

Maybe is what the wide 9 crap.

Plus most of the time they were playing zone coverage.

Comment

I won't give a rat's ass until mid-August

In the meantime, Allen and Coleman are camp bodies and competition. I'm more interested in whether Chung can play, if Phillips is healthy, whether Wolff is an NFL pro, whether Anderson is fully recovered from his injury. There are plenty of roster spots to be won and lost.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                        At times it is like Allen has never played football before. Who cares if you can run or tackle if you are incapable of ever being in the right place on the football field? He's the very definition of a chump, a Jon Harris level chump.
                        Woah woah woah, a Jon Harris level chump? Strong words indeed - at least a lot of people had a clue who Nate Allen was before the draft!
                        To run with the big dogs you have to be a big dog, dumb fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                          Like we didn't already KNOW that. You can see the confusion back there. The big problem we had was there was not one man in the defensive backfield who could orchestrate and lead the f'ing thing. Not one safety, not one DB, not one middle linebacker. F'in Nnamdi just wants to play man and could give 2 sh*ts about what's going on overall. Not one leader in the whole GD bunch. OMG what a disaster it was.
                          I couldn't have said it any better.

Comment

Working...
                          X