Smug, Lying FF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smug, Lying FF

When the Philadelphia Eagles traded up in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft to take quarterback Matt Barkley, reports emerged that they did so because the Kansas City Chiefs were set to take the former USC standout. Chiefs coach Andy Reid knows how rumors like that get started, and he finds them laughable.

"Well, we weren't going there," Reid told WHB-FM in Kansas City this week. "I actually was on the phone with Nick Saban from Alabama before that day ever started, so that's just not the direction. We had pinpointed (Alabama linebacker) Nico (Johnson) and that's who we were going after.

"I know how rumors start and how people justify picks and all this other stuff, but I think if you look at our roster, we've got Akeem Jordan at middle linebacker; that's the only player that we have there. ... That rumor started and I heard it, and I had to laugh at it. That wasn't even in the picture."
    Right, because a lack of depth at LB has ever stopped Reid from drafting another QB. He's so full of shit.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

And we all know how good Andy Reid is at evaluating and drafting college linebacker talent.

Comment

Reid was going to draft Barkley

and move him to linebacker.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

If Reid is lying it's because hes not going to insult the guy he drafted, not because he gives a shit about what anybody else thinks. You would think after 15 seasons of watching him operate, an Eagle fan would know that. He protects his players.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

We know this

You don't follow College Football!

Comment

Working...
          X