No announcement yet.

what's not to like about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I Hear A QB Doesn't Have The Strongest Arm...

...I think of a kid from Western Pennsylvania who was fantastic with short and medium-length patterns but, "has a suspect arm when going long" -- kid named Montana. Arm strength has become a very overrated "strength" ever since offensive coordinators decided you can go a long way exploiting the underneath stuff.

I'm looking forward to see if Barkley can cut it. He really could become a Hope Diamond-sized diamond-in-the-rough.
    "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

He could also be another Chad Pennington...

Great brain, but the arm is a freakin LINGUINE. God if I could transplant Pennington's brain into Vick's body....well, pre-penetentiary Vick's body.

Comment

I loved Kelly's take on the arm strength thing:

Paraphrasing but basically said 'i don't need him to knock down milk jugs at the county fair. i need him to be accurate.'

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
          Barkley's arm strength is fine. In fact, this is one of the biggest bamboozles of the draft season and I'm not surprised you reached into the echo chamber to use this as some convoluted reason to criticize the pick.
          Ells posted about his arm. Lecture him.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
            Ryan Leaf overcame the noodle brain. So did Jamarcus Russell. Vick is still working on it.
            They didnt get Harry's special smoothies!

Every noodle arm isnt Brees and every late rounder isnt Brady. Brain dead comparison but about what I expected from Mr Zinger.

Comment

Chip kelly made the pick

That's what not to like about it.
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

From What I Hear, That's The Nice Thing About Kelly's Offense

I've only seen video footage of Kelly's offense and have never seen it in an actual game, but everybody talks about how he works fast, he spreads the ball around and keeps the defense guessing.

Barkley's linguini arm might be perfect for it. We'll see.
                "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

By your logic every noodle brain isn't Terry Bradshaw either, is he?
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                    They didnt get Harry's special smoothies!

Every noodle arm isnt Brees and every late rounder isnt Brady. Brain dead comparison but about what I expected from Mr Zinger.
                    When Tyler Bray's questionable character was brought up you used Ray Lewis as a comparison. You can pick exceptional exceptions for your arguments as long as they fit but I can't?
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      By your logic every noodle brain isn't Terry Bradshaw either, is he?
                      Did i mention Terry Bradshaw? Talk about your strawmen.

I said one's arm get criticized and the other's head. Pick your poison.

You can find examples in every direction which makes them fairly worthless. Especially the extreme ones.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                        When Tyler Bray's questionable character was brought up you used Ray Lewis as a comparison. You can pick exceptional exceptions for your arguments as long as they fit but I can't?
                        Making the point that being a sociopath doesnt disqualify someone from success in the NFL. Neither does a noodle arm or head.

But i dont see how you can realistically argue the relative merits.

Comment

what did i do? i'm here to tell Tuck Dance jokes and provide comedy relief.

post the occasional 'link' to a 'sports article', etc.

i stay in my lane

Comment

Ells posted about his arm. Lecture him.
                            Nope, the first mention of arm strength in this post was by you. And, as always, you haven't based this on anything other than an exaggerated notion espoused by some hack.

It's gonna be real difficult for you to reconcile all this bellyaching if the Eagles are actually successful under Kelly. You might want to keep that in mind the next time you blindly bash a move by this regime.
                            "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Making the point that being a sociopath doesnt disqualify someone from success in the NFL. Neither does a noodle arm or head.

But i dont see how you can realistically argue the relative merits.
                              So you can make a point that his possible major flaw could or could not make a difference but you have issue with others making the same point?
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                                ...grabbing Matt fucking Barkley in the fourth round?

Say what you want about the guy I predict right now he will be a better pro than Kl00b.

The guy lost $10 m by not coming out last year. that was a dumb move, but the guy has a chance to be very good. I saw some SC games this year, his entire o-line was gone from the year before. It was like the Eagles o-line.

If he's got good anticipation and knows where the ball is supposed to go, he'll be fine in the NFL and could turn out to be a HUGE steal, despite questions about his arm.

The great unknown here is exactly what Kelly's offense is going to look like. A two-TE K-Gun? His Oregon "Blur" offense with lots of inside and outside zone? Something in between? Has he worked out a way to use the zone read concept without having to rely on the quarterback to run 7 or 8 times a game?

I'm pretty sure his insistence that Foles is in the starting QB mix and his drafting of Barkley means he's definitely not wedded to the zone read as he ran it at Oregon. Leopards don't totally change their spots, though, so I guess he's got some wrinkles to protect the QB that he thinks will work in the NFL.

What he's got going for him is that a smart quarterback and versatile skill players (TEs in particular) make it harder to play defense. If he's going to use those giant flash cards on the sidelines, he can basically call two plays at once and let the QB sort it out before the snap.

Should be cool to watch in preseason.

-AE

Comment

Working...
                                X