what's not to like about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I say you did?
    Last edited by slag; 05-01-2013, 04:21 PM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Don't you know it's a strawman to employ geese and ganders?
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Sorry IG. USC has produced a bunch of great college QBs who suck balls in the NFL. Maybe Barkley will break the trend, but I doubt it. I will maintain very low expectations for him. Foles is better than him. Plus, you can't coach 6'6".

There's a reason he lasted to the 4th round.

Comment

It wasn't the indictment of Barkley that you might think.

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
          Sorry IG. USC has produced a bunch of great college QBs who suck balls in the NFL. Maybe Barkley will break the trend, but I doubt it. I will maintain very low expectations for him. Foles is better than him. Plus, you can't coach 6'6".

There's a reason he lasted to the 4th round.
          After Buffalo at 16, teams really didn't need a quarterback, except maybe the jets, and they decided to go with Geno. Why go FF and pick a QB in the second or third round when you don't really need one ?
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Carson Palmer was a good QB until a Steeler pulled a cheap-shot and screwed up his knees.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
              Nope, the first mention of arm strength in this post was by you. And, as always, you haven't based this on anything other than an exaggerated notion espoused by some hack.
              Yep. Ells knows college football and he's concerned.

http://igglephans.com/iggboard/showpost.php?p=1703411
              Last edited by Maniac; 05-01-2013, 07:20 PM.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                I loved Kelly's take on the arm strength thing:

Paraphrasing but basically said 'i don't need him to knock down milk jugs at the county fair. i need him to be accurate.'
                Cute quote but Kevin Klob is accurate. That's doesn't keep his floaters to the sidelines from going for six the other way.
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                  After Buffalo at 16, teams really didn't need a quarterback, except maybe the jets, and they decided to go with Geno. Why go FF and pick a QB in the second or third round when you don't really need one ?
                  Barkley is probably better than a 4th rounder, but I'm glad there isn't any pressure to play him. And because of where he was drafted, there isn't. I'm okay with the pick, just to be clear. It was good value. If he turns out to be the iggs QB for a few years, then great. Terrific value. If he turns out to be mediocre (my prediction) then it's cool because he was only a 4th rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                    what did i do? i'm here to tell Tuck Dance jokes and provide comedy relief.

post the occasional 'link' to a 'sports article', etc.

i stay in my lane

Your lane is similar to my lane. Make a joke about DQ's dirty whore of a mom, post a youtube link, make some funny movie reference...thats all I got.
                    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                      ...I love it that Reid wanted him and Chip moved ahead to grab him. I CANNOT BELIEVE people are knocking that pick. Matt Barkey in the fourth round? are you kidding me???

Matt Barkley in the 4th round is a steal. But the kid was a college choke artist. Somebody needs to post his stats from the big conference games.

However, he did have a terrrible oline his senior year, his coach sucks balls, and his teams didn't have anything to play for because of the bowl game suspension.
                      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

A very good QB

good point.

No doubt Barkley would have been a first rounder last year. His stock went way down because of a relatively bad senior year.
                        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

He's Mr. Clutch compared to Geno Smiff

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                          Matt Barkley in the 4th round is a steal. But the kid was a college choke artist. Somebody needs to post his stats from the big conference games.

However, he did have a terrrible oline his senior year, his coach sucks balls, and his teams didn't have anything to play for because of the bowl game suspension.
                          What a sandbag, bringing Jeffy along for the meetup.
                          May 7, 2010

Comment

who said that?

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                            Ryan Leaf overcame the noodle brain. So did Jamarcus Russell. Vick is still working on it.

Meanwhile Drew Brees will never succeed in the NFL.
                            Brees was a great college QB. Never heard anybody say he had no shot to make it at the next level.
                            May 7, 2010

Comment

me too

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                              Your lane is similar to my lane. Make a joke about DQ's dirty whore of a mom, post a youtube link, make some funny movie reference...thats all I got.
                              Asian lesbians, Wilt's greatness eclipsed Jordan's, fluffing KG is about it for me.
                              May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                                Brees was a great college QB. Never heard anybody say he had no shot to make it at the next level.
                                He entered the league with the label of being weak-armed. That's all.
                                --
                                Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                                X