Refreshing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refreshing

It is going to be so nice to experience a coach who will actually makes in-game adjustments according to the way a team has game planned for you.

We may not know much about what type of offense we will see but there is one statement he made after drafting Ertz that speaks volumes to me.

"Yeah. You go like that (holds three fingers in the air) and three tight ends go in the game. We are going to go three tight ends in a game. Now, if they go three linebackers, we spread them out and if they go DB's, we smash you. So, pick your poison."

he is going to go with what the defense gives him and not commit to throwing the ball x% of the time or run the ball x times a game...he will exploit the weaknesses offered by his sets.

The departure of the "token, 2nd and long" running play mentality is the real win here. Anything else is gravy.

Comment

Or the ever predictable

4th and inches pass to the flat

Comment

....fade pass into the endzone 3rd and inches?

Comment

How about the play action pass with nobody in the backfield?

Comment

what i'm most happy about is the departure of the QB spring-out on 3rd and 2 inside the 10, rolling to the short side of the field.

Comment

Lets hope we don't see anymore

3rd and 1 passes down field or reverses for a loss. No more starting a game with an onside kick. No more punting the ball into the end zone when they're inside the 40 on 4th and short.

Comment

Also, a coach that uses logic and can explain his actions in an easy to understand manner. Logic! Imagine THAT
                YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
                  3rd and 1 passes down field or reverses for a loss. No more starting a game with an onside kick. No more punting the ball into the end zone when they're inside the 40 on 4th and short.
                  i'm not counting on the absence of reverses for losses. and i'm DEFINITELY not counting on any less games starting with onside kicks. hell, before FF's last hurrah, the last one i can remember is the dallas 03 game.

Comment

Eric Fisher may turn out to be better player but the concensus #1 player on almost everyones board was Luke Joeckel.His resume is far better and they were a wash at the combine. Gus Bradley said he was surprised with the KC pick he didn't expect it. Andy is smarter than everyone else.

Comment

Eric Fisher may turn out to be better player but the concensus #1 player on almost everyones board was Luke Joeckel.His resume is far better and they were a wash at the combine. Gus Bradley said he was surprised with the KC pick he didn't expect it. Andy is smarter than everyone else.
                      To be fair, in 1999 the consensus best player in the draft was Tim Couch.

Comment

The biggest problem with Tim Couch was the team that drafted him. McNabb wouldn't have fared any better on the Browns. I don't think Couch would have been a star on a good team but I think he would have had a chance on team that brought him along and let him developed instead of being thrown to the wolfs. His offensive line was as bad as the one the Eagles had last season. Its a team game and he was on a very bad one.

Comment

Originally posted by j1mmy View Post
                          The departure of the "token, 2nd and long" running play mentality is the real win here. Anything else is gravy.
                          Absolutely... let's hope.

Comment

Tim Couch got the rawest of raw deals

The biggest problem with Tim Couch was the team that drafted him. McNabb wouldn't have fared any better on the Browns. I don't think Couch would have been a star on a good team but I think he would have had a chance on team that brought him along and let him developed instead of being thrown to the wolfs. His offensive line was as bad as the one the Eagles had last season. Its a team game and he was on a very bad one.
                            No oline, no wide receivers, no running game, and no defense. Added to that was a rabid fan base who was just getting their team back after a 3 year absence. Then you bring in a QB who had NEVER looked at a playbook in college, start him from day one ans say "here kid, save our franchise" Kid never had a chance.
                            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

IMHO the jury is still out on whether Chip can make in-game adjustments any better than the FF. Any time a team stood up to Oregon -- LSU, Alabama, Stanford twice -- Oregon folded like one of Ellsworth's suits.

Comment

Working...
                              X