Phils Game Last Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phils Game Last Night

First of all man on 3rd, 1 out pitcher up in the 5th. Infield is not in and a ground ball to Rollins scores the run. Hamels looked like he wanted to kill someone.

Then bases loaded Frandsen gets what is supposed to be a base hit to right field but turns into a fielders choice RBI because Mayberry froze and couldn't get to 2nd base in time.

What a long season this is going to be..........

Rollins has become an Abreu to this team. I understand that he has all the ability in the world, but the memories he's produced outweigh any contribution he will make in the future.

This team needs a new coach, and a purge of vets who aren't Howard.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
      Rollins has become an Abreu to this team. I understand that he has all the ability in the world, but the memories he's produced outweigh any contribution he will make in the future.

you mean because is practically untradeable?

Comment

I don't disagree that it's time to move on from Charlie, but do you really think Joe Maddon, Tony Larussa or Buck Showalter would do any better this group of players? I didn't give Charlie much credit when they won in 2008, I'm not giving him the blame here. The main problem is Ruben Amaro Jr. Why bring in guys like Delmon Young and Chad Durbin when Ruf and De Fratus, who at worse, would give equal production? His long contracts to aging players, and his inability to fill needs in the last two offseasons has done this team in.

And while it looks like they're going to be sellers, I don't trust Amaro will bring any talent back. Look at the slop he got in return for Lee in 2009 and Pence and Victorino last year.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
          I don't disagree that it's time to move on from Charlie, but do you really think Joe Maddon, Tony Larussa or Buck Showalter would do any better this group of players? I didn't give Charlie much credit when they won in 2008, I'm not giving him the blame here. The main problem is Ruben Amaro Jr. Why bring in guys like Delmon Young and Chad Durbin when Ruf and De Fratus, who at worse, would give equal production? His long contracts to aging players, and his inability to fill needs in the last two offseasons has done this team in.

And while it looks like they're going to be sellers, I don't trust Amaro will bring any talent back. Look at the slop he got in return for Lee in 2009 and Pence and Victorino last year.
          why dump nate schierholtz? At least with Young it was low risk and he seems slightly more competent in the outfield than Ruf - at least at this point?

Comment

Amaro is definitely more of a Wade than a Gillick.

Under the current structure, it's best to hand the team over to Sandberg and see what happens.

This team definitely doesn't see itself in need of a "culture change," but that's partially because they're in the process of changing it for the worse.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
              why dump nate schierholtz? At least with Young it was low risk and he seems slightly more competent in the outfield than Ruf - at least at this point?
              Because they already owed $2 million to Nix. Young and Ruf are both awful in the field. I know he was cheap, but what was the point of it? He has no future here. And what exactly would his high reward be? 20 HRs, 80 RBIs, .300 OBP? You could get that from a Mayberry/Nix platoon.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                Because they already owed $2 million to Nix. Young and Ruf are both awful in the field. I know he was cheap, but what was the point of it? He has no future here. And what exactly would his high reward be? 20 HRs, 80 RBIs, .300 OBP? You could get that from a Mayberry/Nix platoon.
                but one of them is expendable

Comment

Amaro is definitely more of a Wade than a Gillick.

Under the current structure, it's best to hand the team over to Sandberg and see what happens.

This team definitely doesn't see itself in need of a "culture change," but that's partially because they're in the process of changing it for the worse.
                  Exactly.

Amaro is the main problem since Gillick departure. Manuel need to be jettison as well..

Comment

Working...
                  X