Chip Kelly: Please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip Kelly: Please read

Chip: DO NOT fall in love with Vick's physical talents. The guy is a stone cold moron on game day. I know the guy can still run a little and he has a cannon and you think you can coach him up, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to coach this guy up. Resist all temptation to coach him up. He is an ABSOLUTE turnover machine. He has lost a step and he can't get away with running away anymore. Defensive players just track him down in the backfield and down he goes. He looks tough because he gets his a$$ kicked alot, but where does getting your a$$ kicked alot translate to points on the board. DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT attribute HIS problems to injuries on the offensive line. THAT would be a BIG mistake. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Two Gap: Stop Posting
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Riccardo: Geigh

flaming

Comment

Chip ball??

Do you have to be smart to play it??

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/p...k-all-day.html

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
          Do you have to be smart to play it??

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/p...k-all-day.html
          Needless to say, Barkley later tweeted that it was a joke with the media by McCoy.

https://twitter.com/MattBarkley/stat...59856837369856
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
            Chip: DO NOT fall in love with Vick's physical talents. The guy is a stone cold moron on game day. I know the guy can still run a little and he has a cannon and you think you can coach him up, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to coach this guy up. Resist all temptation to coach him up. He is an ABSOLUTE turnover machine. He has lost a step and he can't get away with running away anymore. Defensive players just track him down in the backfield and down he goes. He looks tough because he gets his a$$ kicked alot, but where does getting your a$$ kicked alot translate to points on the board. DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT attribute HIS problems to injuries on the offensive line. THAT would be a BIG mistake. Thank you. Have a nice day.
            I was thinking about how Kelly runs the offense and wondering if there was a chance Vick could fit and do well: If the idea is a fast pace that forces defenses to be predictable while running plays with simple reads, Vick could be fine.That is, if you're asking the QB to decide only whether to handoff or run, or read bubble screen or not based on defensive alignment, stuff like that...it could work. I know I felt like part of Vick's problem was making him responsible for line calls while simultaneously forgetting completely about the run game.

But then I read a couple stories today about increased use of option routes. There are always some route adjustments/conversions in an offense, but the Eagles 24/7 story from today makes it sound like it's more complicated under Kelly (for DeSean Jackson, at least).

(Relatively) simple football played very, very fast might work for Vick. Relying on a quarterback to see the exact same thing his receivers see and react the exact same way isn't so promising for him.

-AE

Comment

Working...
            X