Confidential to Kelly Green the Great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential to Kelly Green the Great

When can I expect to see you on Man vs Food?
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
    When can I expect to see you on Man vs Food?
    KG vs Food hardly seems like a fair fight

Comment

Depends On What The Food Is

If I'm expected to kill it, or to survive eating something that's still moving -- NEVER!
      "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

There are a half million deer hunters in western Pennsylvania, you should go on a hunt and experience the primal sensation of eviscerating a still- warm body

Nothing quite like being up to your armpits inside of a deer...and given your legendary talents on the sports journalism side, it might make for an incredible article for your avid fans

Comment

You Missed The Key Word -- SPORT

Even when the 76ers had the worst team in NBA history and won a grand total of 9 games, it was still five guys against five guys and while the hope was slim on any given night, the Sixers had a chance to win.

That, my friend, is a sport.

Pennsylvania hunters armed with any kind of firearm, bow, whatever, have the kind of advantage over a deer that a T-Rex would have over a kitten.

Hunting is NOT, never has been nor will it ever BE, a sport.
          Last edited by Kelly Green; 05-16-2013, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Then why do they sell hunting gear at a SPORTING GOODS store ? :D

From Merriam -Webster:

sports·man
            noun \ˈspȯrts-mən\
            : a person who engages in sports (as hunting or fishing)

That being said, I understand it depends on your point of view and its certainly not for everyone.

But just so you know - the advantages are not all on one side

The deer are on their home turf, know every nook and cranny and have senses ( smell and hearing) that are a thousand times more sensitive than man. Deer "win" most of the time in my experience- I've seen hundreds of deer and I've successfully killed only a few .

So the score is easily 500-5 in favor of the deer at this point in my life and that's perfectly fine with me. 95% of hunting is "unsuccessful", but I still "win" every time I am in the woods with my family & friends

So if you didn't want to actually pull a trigger, try using a camera and see how incredibly difficult it is to get a clean "shot" while enjoying all that nature has to offer.

Pretty sure there are some board brothers who would gladly take you out in the fall - but choose wisely so you come back in one piece

Comment

To Me, Hunting Will Only Become A Sport...

...when the deer can shoot back.

Of course, if that ever comes to be the case, the deer will all buy AK-47 knockoffs.

"DIE, you human pig!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

Comment

Working...
              X