X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude...

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post

Fucking pederast.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      Hopefully, but I have a bad feeling that we've seen the best of Desean jackson in Philly.

I give him 2 years here, tops, before he's gone.
      What makes you say that? Guy's a legit home run hitter any time he touches the ball from anywhere on the field. I feel lucky to have him on the team. He scares defenses into respecting him. We don't have any other receivers like that. Last year was the first time he missed significant time from injury. I want to believe it was FFs system that handcuffed him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
        What makes you say that? Guy's a legit home run hitter any time he touches the ball from anywhere on the field. I feel lucky to have him on the team. He scares defenses into respecting him. We don't have any other receivers like that. Last year was the first time he missed significant time from injury. I want to believe it was FFs system that handcuffed him.
        Calling Jackson legit at anything is a stretch right now. Perhaps he is, but his production has plummeted over the years - especially at "hitting home runs" given that he has dropped from 12 TDs in 2009 to 8, 4 and 2 in 2010-2012 respectively.

He has a lot to prove.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

He's not dominant but he's still a legitimate playmaker.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Worse comes to worse...

he still stretches the field and opens a lot of room up in the middle. Pedestrian slot wide receivers and tight ends benefitted from that somewhat but with two solid Hback/TE types now on the roster maybe the Birds can finally take better advantage of that now.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I don't think he has the same passion for the game. He's a shell of what he was. Got paid and doesn't seem to care as much about leaving everything on the field.

he has not been anywhere close to what he was coming into the league. He isn't living up to his new contract, that's for sure. Coincidence he fell off after getting paid? i don't think so.

It's like he's either shell shocked or disinterested.

I want him to play every snap like he did the first 2 years and on that punt return.

I'm not a jackson hater, i love his play making ability. I wanna see him prove himself. He does have a lot to prove right now. Rumors are he cares a lot more about off field stuff than on. Been like that since day 1 though, so we'll see I guess.

2013 is a make or break year for him here. Of that I'm positive.
              Last edited by Ellsworth; 05-16-2013, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I think calling him a shell of himself is going too far

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                I don't think he has the same passion for the game. He's a shell of what he was. Got paid and doesn't seem to care as much about leaving everything on the field.

he has not been anywhere close to what he was coming into the league. He isn't living up to his new contract, that's for sure. Coincidence he fell off after getting paid? i don't think so.

It's like he's either shell shocked or disinterested.

I want him to play every snap like he did the first 2 years and on that punt return.

I'm not a jackson hater, i love his play making ability. I wanna see him prove himself. He does have a lot to prove right now. Rumors are he cares a lot more about off field stuff than on. Been like that since day 1 though, so we'll see I guess.

2013 is a make or break year for him here. Of that I'm positive.
                But he does need to get back to year one or two DeSean.
                The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

gun shy?

collision weary?

he's been a different WR on anything that isn't a fly pattern or out since he got his ass lit up by Dunta Robinson. Can't say I wouldn't be as well after a hit like that.

let's hope kelly's O and plans for him get him back to the 1st half of his career.
                  Last edited by Ellsworth; 05-16-2013, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                    he still stretches the field and opens a lot of room up in the middle. Pedestrian slot wide receivers and tight ends benefitted from that somewhat but with two solid Hback/TE types now on the roster maybe the Birds can finally take better advantage of that now.
                    I don't think it's all his fault - at least I hope not. I'm optimistic that Kelly can take advantage of his abilities, especially with regard to opening things up for Celek and Ertz and vice versa.
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

Could come up with some crazy combinations.
                      Last edited by Melchior; 05-16-2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I feel much better now. Vick is going to be great with the hand signals and split second decisions at the line after correctly reading the D. Chip ball baby. Lets get it going. Plus the new music at the practices will put them over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
                          I feel much better now. Vick is going to be great with the hand signals and split second decisions at the line after correctly reading the D. Chip ball baby. Lets get it going. Plus the new music at the practices will put them over the top.
                          Donnie, you're out of your element.

Comment

Like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie.

Comment

I think that's a bit unfair. One could make that case during his contract year (2011) when he was pouty. But it wasn't without warrant. Screwing with Jackson was rat face's final dick move. He deserved a new contract in 2011. Any reasonable person would agree that he grossly outplayed his rookie contract by then.

But last year? Although TD's were down, he was once again on pace for a statistical season similar to year's two and three (minus the TDs). Definitely was going over 1000 yards again with around 60 something catches. He finished with 700 yards in 11 games.

I think you're being unfair and the guy puts in the effort. And he wants to return punts too. That was FF's issue, not Desean's. If he's back there in 2013, there will be a lot of punts out of bounds. Jackson scares people. Nobody else on offense other than McCoy does.

Comment

haha, solid

Last edited by Ellsworth; 05-17-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X