X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another FF tradition bites the dust

Bye Bye lard ass Tuesday!

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...day__flap.html

Surely there has to be a happy medium between the two extremes. I certainly prefer Kelly's approach but the players might enjoy some nice steak in moderation. Maybe that could be used as a motivational tool.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Bye Bye Irritable Bowel Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
        Bye Bye Irritable Bowel Wednesday.
        Nothing against eating healthy but they're twenty-year old football players. Its not a sport for people concerned about their health.

Im skeptical but trying to stay open minded.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Bull fucking shit

Nutrition is where it's at. Even the players recognize that.

Comment

Fast food Friday?!?! Only fucking Reid.
            "Fuck your 10 year old, this is football."

Comment

Apparently. It turned Jason Avant into a defensive back.

Comment

I support the nutrition and conditioning movement.

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                These guys are going to go to war knowing they are the best feed and best conditioned unit out there. That means something.

...and I would also suggest that players who are extremely focused on healthy diets and conditioning are less likely to be problems off the field. There may be exceptions like T.O., but remember, he was never a guy that was breaking the law and doing stupid crap like that.

I like it.

Comment

Haha, nice.

I did like this quote from an article, though:

One former Eagle often had a buddy in an idling car waiting to drive him from the premises as soon as possible the last two seasons. This player (his last name rhymes with Rodgers-Cromartie) would run out for fast food at least once a week and come back with bags for teammates.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

His time here was like fast food.

Comment

I got no problem with cutting out the junk food at novacare but I doubt you can find a link between nutrition and winning in the nfl. Twenty year old football players can eat anything.

Comment

I got no problem with cutting out the junk food at novacare but I doubt you can find a link between nutrition and winning in the nfl. Twenty year old football players can eat anything.
                        It's not like everyone on the team is 20. Obviously in the long run this well benefit the veterans more than it will the rookies. Still, it can't hurt. Regardless of age, a healthy diet can go a long way towards both short and long term health.

Comment

So the Eagles problem was tacos?

Its truly wonderful that Chip is exposing the players to healthy lifestyle hints but I cant see it making a damn bit of difference in the win-loss record. These guys are gonna eat whatever they want away from Novacare. I would bet most of them have already been exposed to this information and the ones who care about it already are practicing good nutrition fwiw.

There is no long run in the NFL.

Comment

I get the notion that 20 yr. olds can eat anything but let's not overlook the type of person that Chip is looking for as a player. A player with excellent eating and conditioning habits are probably serious, detailed-focus people with their shit in order.

I'm certainly on board with what Kelly is trying to accomplish in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                              A player with excellent eating and conditioning habits are probably serious, detailed-focus people with their shit in order.
                              Doesnt make them good football players. Sounds like Mark Simoneau.

Kelly can feed them whatever he wants but Macrobiotic Monday isnt going to win any more games than Taco Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                              X