No announcement yet.

Avant has seen time at DB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frankly, it's the only type of answer you deserve.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Belicheat used Troy Brown at CB all the time. Now shut the fuck up and go away.

Comment

Yeah,yeah,yeah, and Ditka and Ryan used Perry as a Fullback, that's all well and good, but the bigger question for me concerning Avant as a DB is, let's be honest, he has good hands, fine, but he has NOWHERE near the speed of most WR's that are 1's or 2's in the league, which makes the point of this, moot.
        Last edited by Eagle Road; 05-19-2013, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
          Yeah,yeah,yeah, and Ditka and Ryan used Perry as a Fullback, that's all well and good, but the bigger question for me concerning Avant as a DB is, let's be honest, he has good hands, fine, but he has NOWHERE near the speed of most WR's that are 1's or 2's in the league, which makes the point of this, moot.
          Which would be relevant if he was going to be a starting DB. Chances are, he'll be a 4th WR and will only see the field as a DB when teams have to throw up a prayer at the end of a game. My point was that it makes more sense to have a viable WR also act as depth at DB when the alternative is hiring a bum off the street to play ST almost exclusively.
          Last edited by Melchior; 05-19-2013, 04:30 PM.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
            You're wasting your time. The kool-aid is strong here.

I'm sure there is some logic in Kelly's mind behind Avant taking snaps at DB but it isnt for depth in the defensive backfield.

Maybe he's opening new neurological pathways. Maybe he's going to cut him and wants to look like he's giving him a chance. Maybe he just wants to see how he reacts.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Maybe Melchior is correct.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                Maybe Melchior is correct.
                Then you must think Kelly is a moron because Avant obviously can't cover NFL receivers. It would be a total waste of time to practice it. You've lost if you're playing Avant there.

Sure you could put him back at the goal line in a Hail Mary defense but I dont think it would be news if they were practicing that.

Comment

I can fully understand the Chipster wanting to see all of this personal first hand in different situations rather than take someone word for it, and if that is the case, fine.

But I can't help feel like this has that "first day" at little league practice written all over it and the coach automatically puts the chubby kid in as catcher, the tall lanky kid pitches, and the wiry kid plays SS.

Except this isn't the first day, most of these guys have a career already invested.

I"ll just wait and see, I really think this is just a "throw away" year anyway.
                  Last edited by Eagle Road; 05-19-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                    Offensive players never play defense and vice versa.
                    Jason Avant as DB could probably cover a Jason Avant type WR. I wouldn't expect more.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

It's OTA's. Now is the time to mess around with stuff like this. Don't think it's a big deal. If he's playing corner week 1 I'll be concerned. Bet we won't see it though.
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                        It's OTA's. Now is the time to mess around with stuff like this. Don't think it's a big deal. If he's playing corner week 1 I'll be concerned. Bet we won't see it though.

Agreed, just don't tell me if he has someone on ST practicing hiding in the E on kickoffs!

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          Agree Kelly's just messing around. The bizarre part is people claiming Avant could be a DB. And that the Eagles lost because of tacos.

The Kool Aid is strong.

Comment

Next up McCoy at DT

Lol..

Comment

Working...
                            X