The Eagles released, or may soon release, Maysonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eagles released, or may soon release, Maysonet

He's the RFA RB from Stonybrook (original from Hostra) that set all kinds of records and had a big stat day against Syracuse.

I saw video of the dude last month and he didn't seem to make a whole lot of sense as a RB for Chip Kelly. PFT eluded to the notion that Maysonet may have been a Howie pick. I feel the same way.

I'm also hanging the Barkley pick on Howie. That one still bothers me knowing how deep the safety draft was this year.

I think a realistic goal for any draft is to walk away with three guys that can be big difference makers for your team. For me, Johnson, Ertz and Wolff may be those guys.

I'm still excited about the Eagles drafting Lane Johnson. I really think that the Eagles targeted Kyle Long in the second round if they were to take Dion Jordan in the first, but since Long was drafted with the 20th selection, the Eagles could have been left holding their dicks without an OT.
    Last edited by Drama Queen; 05-19-2013, 10:08 PM.

No way the Eagles dip into the Pac-12 for a legit QB prospect without Chip signing off.

As for random late round running backs, what ever happened to Nasty Nate? That guy was gonna set the NFL on fire!

Last edited by FuriousXGeorge; 05-19-2013, 10:21 PM.

Comment

I saw Stony Brook play live last year down at Coastal Carolina, both quality FCS programs who qualified for the tournament last year. My recollection is the kid was a strong inside runner with a good motor. But I'm not sure he's anything more than you'd find at your average DI program.

Comment

Yep. That's how I would describe him.

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        I saw Stony Brook play live last year down at Coastal Carolina, both quality FCS programs who qualified for the tournament last year. My recollection is the kid was a strong inside runner with a good motor. But I'm not sure he's anything more than you'd find at your average DI program.
        I also remember thinking that Stony Book's left tackle was the size of King Dunlop with some mean streak in him. Hard to say he's an NFL prospect or not, but he certainly has the size. Maybe he's an underclassman.

Comment

Chip signed off, but Howie went home after the second day and contemplated why Barkley wasn't taken earlier. It's his brain child. I also wonder if Lurie suggested that Howie should stay put with his selections this year, and yet Howie couldn't resist being smarter than everyone else.

Howie strikes me as a guy who over-thinks things sometimes. I'm glad they were fairly disciplined this year.
          Last edited by Drama Queen; 05-20-2013, 09:33 AM.

Comment

yeah, I was hoping for Shemarko Thomas at the top of the 4th round but honestly Barkley could be a franchise QB and was probably the best pick there.

Kid is accurate as shit with the ball and played 4 years at USC. his completion % is ridiculous. Could be a steal and a half.

Comment

The kid also had all-world WR's on his team.

One thing you can't teach is sufficient arm strength in the NFL. He seems to have some nice qualities, but we need to see how his arm strength is against NFL talent. He's only a steal if the Eagles are 100 percent convinced that he has the physical tools to make it.

I feel like the Eagles made a luxury pick like they are ballers. The F-N talent sucked last year.

Comment

Actually that's a good comparison.

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
                No way the Eagles dip into the Pac-12 for a legit QB prospect without Chip signing off.

As for random late round running backs, what ever happened to Nasty Nate? That guy was gonna set the NFL on fire!

I think BigSlizz called him the Hawaii Meatball or something.

Comment

Dear Nasti Nate

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post

Please come back. We miss you.

Sincerely,

Meatball In Ohio
                  The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                    He's the RFA RB from Stonybrook (original from Hostra) that set all kinds of records and had a big stat day against Syracuse.

I saw video of the dude last month and he didn't seem to make a whole lot of sense as a RB for Chip Kelly. PFT eluded to the notion that Maysonet may have been a Howie pick. I feel the same way.

You folks really are drama queens, aren't you? He went undrafted! Who gives a bleep about camp bodies? The guy clearly wasn't cutting it. No big deal.

Comment

he did have great WR's. however, he had a HORRIBLE OL last year and still had a great completion %. he's also a lot better on the run than people think.

if Wolffe ends up as a better pro than Shamarko Thomas, which is entirely possible, even better.

Comment

Working...
                      X