Jaws doesn't believe Chip Kelly system will work in the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaws doesn't believe Chip Kelly system will work in the NFL

It’s easy to say, ‘Yeah, it worked in college,’ ” he said. “But then I looked at a game like Stanford. Stanford, a good defensive football team, shut them down. I hope it works. I like the innovation, but I think it’s going to be very difficult.

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013...ont-translate/

When has Jaws been right about anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
      When has Jaws been right about anything?
      Not sure about Jaws knowledge but I wanted to hear CC Pete and Maniac's take on it.

Comment

Jaws already knows that Kelly's NFL system is going to be?

Comment

All of this gimmicky crap doesn't work

There's so much emphasis on rotating people, keeping them fresh. It's just f'ing stupid. Put your BEST people out there and kick the other teams a$$. These coaches have made it all about THEMSELVES. It's not about the players anymore. People have tried this "option" sh*t before and it never works. The men in the NFL are just too fast and too strong. Remember how all of these teams were f'ing around with the "wildcat" a couple of years ago? What happened to THAT?

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
            Not sure about Jaws knowledge but I wanted to hear CC Pete and Maniac's take on it.
            Nah. Lets hear your opinion!

Do you have anything more interesting than "wait and see"?
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              Jaws already knows that Kelly's NFL system is going to be?
              They say he's been running pretty much the Oregon offense in practice. I guess he might trash that and go in a new direction in camp but doesnt seem likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Well I am not a Chip Kelly phanatic like a few. I am very cautiously optimistic because right now it seems like a lot of talk and hype.

Right now nobody knows what Chip Kelly has planned. He definitely will have this 1st yr to evaluate what kind of talent he has to work with, especially at QB

Comment

I think the offense that Bill Belichick runs at NE with hall of famer Tom Brady would work in the NFL, but look at a good defensive team like the Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens stopped the Patriots.

Comment

Isn't "wait and see" better than

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

I know it's not going to work, and this guy is the worst coach in the league, even though I haven't seen him coach in a game that doesn't count, let alone a game that does ?
                    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                      I know it's not going to work, and this guy is the worst coach in the league, even though I haven't seen him coach in a game that doesn't count, let alone a game that does ?
                      No it wouldnt be - although no one has said he's the worst coach in the league. The cases against Kelly have been fact-based - like the one Jaws made. His gimmick offense got stopped by a quality defense. Thats a reasonable observation. The cases for Kelly have basically only been "wait and see"... nyah, nyah, nyah.

If "wait and see" is all you got, why even bother posting about it? You should go sit in a corner and wait and see.

Comment

How are the cases against Kelly fact-based? They may be logical, based on the assumption that he's going to run the exact offense that he ran at Oregon, but none of the coaches or players have said that it's the same offense that Oregon ran.

So either way, both sides are talking out of their asses.
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I see your point, but the "facts" are being skewed to fit your cause.

Belichick went to Chip for advice on running that style of offense. It was then run by Belichick and with Belichick's spin on it. To this date, the Chip Kelly offense being run by Chip Kelly has not been successful or unsuccessful in the NFL. We really won't know if his offense run by him will or won't work until he does it.

Also, the Pats gained 428 yards in the AFC Championship. Brady threw two picks and Ridley lost a fumble which led to their scoring being down.

I don't know if 428 yards is "shutting down" that style of O.

Comment

Jaws is dead on Atlanta beat that gimmick offense that Seattle ran so did Baltimore in the Superbowl. Washington who also used the zone read failed to make it past the first round. Granted they did make the postseason for the first time in five seasons but not winning a game = fail.

49ERS + read option = fail.
                            SeaHawks + read option = fail.
                            Redskins + read option = fail

To date no team that has utilized the zone read or pistol has won a superbowl.

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/sto...ng-nfl-tactics

You know what wins a super bowl? Hard nosed old school football running the ball in between the tackles. "65 Cross power trap". ;-) Jaws is living in the 70's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coZxFtVsBVg

Comment

Niners 35 PPG in playoffs/Super Bowl

Seahawks 26 PPG in playoffs AND their O fought back to go ahead with less than 30 seconds to play. Was it the read option's fault that Gus Bradley's D let the Falcons go 41 yards in 3 plays and 23 seconds?

Foreskins had their franchise QB playing on one leg and you can't even use them as an example since they lost to a read option team that you're trying to discredit.

Comment

Working...
                              X