Jadeveon Clowney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jadeveon Clowney

Kid was already the preseason consensus for top NFL prospect and one of the best D players to come out in years and all he did this offseason was add 17 pounds to his 6'6 frame, up to 274 and dropped .2 off his 40.

Got bigger, stronger AND faster. That's scary.
    Last edited by Sect 236; 05-22-2013, 12:26 PM.

I don't know who will be picking first but he'd be a lock for the Raiders next year if he's convicted of a felony or gets a DUI.

Comment

bruce feldman had a good article on sportsline.com i believe talking about this power/endurance/strength testing all teams use and Clowney tests out at levels that are superhuman. Nobody else is even close to what he can do in these things.

i'd be fine going 0-16 this year if it guaranteed his services next MAY (fucking goodell....)

edit: here's the article

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...llege-football
      Last edited by Ellsworth; 05-22-2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Where do you stand on the debate that he should sit out this year? Part of me likes that he's a football player and just wants to play for his teammates and school. The other part of me looks at the business side of it for a kid who has nothing to gain (only lose) and who plays a position where guys have their legs rolled up on all the time.

Comment

Historically I am against that line of thinking, but if there was ever a case for a kid worthy of doing it, it's without a doubt him.

I selfishly want to see him play one more year just because I never tire of seeing greatness like that.

the SEC isn't exactly the sister's of the poor, so there is a legit case to be made about sitting out to avoid injury but I don't think you'd ever see it happen. I realize anything can happen but I'm sure he's got a massive insurance policy to protect him against injury.

it's nice when a kid who is regarded as the #1 overall HS player in the country coming in as a freshman lives up to the hype. He's one of the best defensive players I've ever seen in college. It's mesmerizing to watch him dominate vs elite OL.
          Last edited by Ellsworth; 05-22-2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

The guy is a monster but....

I saw him play while at Spartanburg, SC high. While a monster on some plays he took some off. His highlight real is unbeleivable, however, there was a reason he went to SC and not somewhere else.

Hopefully he loses the take plays off attitude that was clearly displayed while in high school.

Comment

I hear you. The play he made vs Michigan came 1 play after he half assed it and SC got effed on a terrible call. He was pissed off and brought it.

He coulda gone anywhere in the country to play. USC is a top 10 program under spurrier and in the SEC. I don't think he "settled" by choosing to stay in state.
              Last edited by Ellsworth; 05-22-2013, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X