Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I AM NOT A HOOPS FAN AS YOU ALL KNOW BUT....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I AM NOT A HOOPS FAN AS YOU ALL KNOW BUT....

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING LEBRON TONIGHT. IF HE KEEPS DOIN WHAT HE'S DOIN, HE MAY SURPASS AIR JORDAN AS THE MAN.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
    I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING LEBRON TONIGHT. IF HE KEEPS DOIN WHAT HE'S DOIN, HE MAY SURPASS AIR JORDAN AS THE MAN.
    No one will ever surpass Jordan. Lebron has to win another 5 rings to be mentioned in the same sentence...

Comment

Wilt's the greatest ever, no question

Originally posted by Hurricane Dean View Post
      No one will ever surpass Jordan. Lebron has to win another 5 rings to be mentioned in the same sentence...
      I have never heard anyone argue for MJ who actually saw Wilt play.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Fuck a LBJ.

That is all.
        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I understand why you feel that way...

...but you cant take away the guy's greatness as a player. Dude is a beast.
          May 7, 2010

Comment

LIKE I SAID, I AM NOT A HOOPS FAN, I CAN ONLY LOOK AT IT FROM EYES THAT LOOK AT THE GAME FROM THE OUTSIDE, BUT FROM WHAT I SEE, JAMES COULD BE THE BEST EVER IF HE KEEPS IT UP. WILT COULD HAVE BEEN BEST EVER FOLLOWED BY JORDAN, BUT MAN THIS KID HAS GOT GAME.
            OF COURSE HE NEEDS TO WIN 4 OR FIVE MORE, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THIS YEAR WILL BE TWO.

LAST NIGHT TRIPLE DOUBLE AND BUZZER BEATER. ACCORDING TO SPORTS TALK IT'S NEVER BEEN DONE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
              I have never heard anyone argue for MJ who actually saw Wilt play.
              Hmmm...it's a close call. I have heard many people argue for Jordan that watched Wilt play. Try having the discussion with people outside of Philly

Comment

Never will I deny his talent on the court

...but you cant take away the guy's greatness as a player. Dude is a beast.
                Only a fool would do that. He's the best player in the league right now, and virtually unstoppable when driving the lane. If he decides to opt out of his Miami contract and return to Cleveland, I'll root for him. However, as a Cavaliers fan, and Northeast Ohioan, I cannot and will not root for LeBron and the Heat.
                The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Why are you screaming?

Youre going to blow a gasket.

Comment

Oh really???

Originally posted by Hurricane Dean View Post
                    Hmmm...it's a close call. I have heard many people argue for Jordan that watched Wilt play. Try having the discussion with people outside of Philly
                    If youve heard those arguments, what were they? By guys who saw Wilt, I mean.

Ive been outside Philly plenty and covered the NBA, talked to guys who played against Wilt.
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

Ive been outside Philly plenty and covered the NBA, talked to guys who played against Wilt.
                      Some people put more weight into stats and Wilt wins this argument. Others place more emphasis on championships which Jordan clearly wins.

My Dad and his buddies that watched Wilt play don't deny he's right there with Jordan. Apparently Russell outplayed Wilt when they faced eachother which probably cost him championships. No one ever outplayed Jordan and his competiveness plus championships gives him the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                        Youre going to blow a gasket.
                        THIS IS SCREAMING. THIS IS JUST ME.

Comment

I'M ASKING OUT OF SHEAR NO HOOPS KNOWLEDGE. WAS WILT SO DOMINATE A PLAYER JUST BECAUSE OF HIS SIZE OR DID HIS TALENT MATCH HIS SIZE? AS FOR ME THE DOC WILL ALWAYS BE MY GUY, JUST BECAUSE THAT'S WHO I WATCHED IN PERSON WHEN MY UNCLE TOOK ME TO GAMES.

Comment

They changed the game to negate Wilt.

They changed the game to favor Jordan.
                            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                              They changed the game to favor Jordan.
                              I agree they changed the game bc of Wilt. How did they change it to favor Jordan?

Comment

Working...
                              X