New Puter Up And Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Puter Up And Running

Man, was I lucky. I got GREAT deal on a vintage Commodore 64 -- it's working gr
    "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Congrats!

I'm sure you got your money's worth.

Welcome back, Buffet Bandito!
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I Think I Did But It'll Take Some Adjusting

It was time to put the old E-Machine out to pasture anyway -- her replacement is an HP with a 500 gig hard drive, about 400 gig more than I could ever use in four lifetimes. I'm not like you young punks who play elaborate games and run all kinds of software that need 50 gig all by their lonesome!

However when I downloaded the latest version of AOL, it has all kinds of changes from previous versions -- frankly I think it SUCKS but I suppose time marches on even if it drags me along kicking and screaming with it.

Then there is HP's @#$%&?+ "Suspend" mode that shuts down the tower all by itself, I suppose after so much inactivity. The literature says it's one of several features to conserve electricity and says "Please do not disable them."

Old Paint also had a sleep mode that was easy to turn off but I haven't figured out how to do it with this beast -- anybody who can assist will earn lifetime protection from snail slime status.

Comment

Is it Windows 8, big boy?

With all of those colorful blocks on there?

Comment

Why would you turn off the suspend mode? It takes like 3 seconds to wake it up. Do you hate the environment that much? Do you use k-cups?

Comment

Bwahahaha!

I like how he thinks we all have big hard drives so we can load our molecular modelling software or some sh*t. Doesn't he know that high resolution images (pictures for you KG) and video (movies for you KG) take up alot of space on a hard drive? Probably not. He's still looking for a Photomat and a cinema.

Comment

Hahaha, KG vs Technology is literally my favorite topic on this board. THE NEW VERSION OF AOL IS TOO ADVANCED FOR ME!!

Comment

I understand that you think "preferences" is where you type "mayo" but I would imagine that would be a good place to start to solve this big mystery of yours about that dang turner-offer feature.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
                  Hahaha, KG vs Technology is literally my favorite topic on this board. THE NEW VERSION OF AOL IS TOO ADVANCED FOR ME!!
                  Reminds me of a John Mellencamp song.

KG fights technology, technology always wins.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

One In The Same

Frankly I think that blows in comparison to the nice, neat START button in the lower left corner that gave you everything you needed to know and access to anything you had on your computer.

The blocks? Who the fuck knows WHAT that shit is for???!!!

Comment

Do you mean "one and the same?"

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                      Frankly I think that blows in comparison to the nice, neat START button in the lower left corner that gave you everything you needed to know and access to anything you had on your computer.

The blocks? Who the fuck knows WHAT that shit is for???!!!
                      Get your cliche right.
                      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

Nope

I created a new one.

Comment

One in the cleavage.
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                          X