OT: Anyone have a Wii U?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Anyone have a Wii U?

I haven't really played video games in like 5 years, but the whole TV portion of it with the DVR interaction/Netflix/Amazon/etc seems right up my ally.

Plus if I did decide to play games from time to time, that Zombie game looks badass.

Not really interested in any of the other systems. Just curious if anyone has first-hand experience with this one.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

i would advise against it...

if you want a console with the most tv options wait for the xbox 1 coming out next year. it will be better than the wii u for tv and if you ever did want to play any games you'll want to play it on an xbox, definitely not on that, controllers are expensive af and any decent sports games like madden or 2k are total garbage played on a wii. if you want to know more about the xbox 1 watch the reveal trailer that dropped like 2 weeks ago

Comment

It's perfectly fine if you are looking for that Nintendo style of system. Xbox/PS3 are still better pure gaming systems, but Nintendo obviously brings a different style of game and hardware. Developers haven't done a whole lot with the gamepad controller, but it has potential. ZombieU does use it nicely. The new lego city is pretty badass too. I like it a lot, the kids love it... Interested to see what the next Christmas season brings as far as software. If a game comes out for all 3 systems though, I'm getting it on xbox or ps3, not Wii U.

You probably know microsoft and sony are releasing new systems soon.
      Last edited by D Leff; 05-30-2013, 01:34 PM.

Comment

instead of answering your question

Originally posted by RomoIsClutchSaidNoOneEver View Post
        if you want a console with the most tv options wait for the xbox 1 coming out next year. it will be better than the wii u for tv and if you ever did want to play any games you'll want to play it on an xbox, definitely not on that, controllers are expensive af and any decent sports games like madden or 2k are total garbage played on a wii. if you want to know more about the xbox 1 watch the reveal trailer that dropped like 2 weeks ago
        I will do exactly what you asked me not to do

Comment

I have one

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
          I haven't really played video games in like 5 years, but the whole TV portion of it with the DVR interaction/Netflix/Amazon/etc seems right up my ally.

Plus if I did decide to play games from time to time, that Zombie game looks badass.

Not really interested in any of the other systems. Just curious if anyone has first-hand experience with this one.
          For what it is, I enjoy it a lot. It's surprisingly fun to play offscreen on the gamepad, and pretty useful actually. GF can watch something I don't care about while I play a game I'm into. It works on the balcony, in bed, etc., so it's reception is actually pretty good.

As for the perks you list, honestly, I get a much easier interface and faster connection through my TV on that stuff. It doesn't do anything an Apple TV or a Roku doesn't do, and those cost less. So if you're into the games (lots of classic NES and SNES games coming out for cheap downloads, a nice bonus) it's definitely worth it, but if the TV Functionality is what appeals the most, I'd stick with a much cheaper option or else wait for XBox One, which looks like it may provide some interesting, unique TV interactivity. Supposedly that's going to let you show your fantasy football overlayed on the right hand side of the TV screen, and the stats will be updated in real time. It'll also have voice controls that supposedly work, face recognition, lots of crazy things. Plus video games, too.

Comment

Yeah, I just have no interest in either of them. I know EA is being a little dramatic about developing games for Wii U, but I really don't care. One version of Madden will last me 5 years or more.

Just looking for something fun that I'll use, maybe something with a game that can be an event in game night olympics.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Just looking for something fun that I'll use, maybe something with a game that can be an event in game night olympics.
              Nintendo's always been the best system for that, party games and what not.

Comment

Yeah, I just have no interest in either of them. I know EA is being a little dramatic about developing games for Wii U, but I really don't care. One version of Madden will last me 5 years or more.

I'm with you on this. I haven't played video games in years, but wouldn't mind picking up the new Wii for the household. Never was interested in all this first person shooter shit on xbox/ps3. I just need a system where I can save the princess or play tecmo bowl.
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                  I'm with you on this. I haven't played video games in years, but wouldn't mind picking up the new Wii for the household. Never was interested in all this first person shooter shit on xbox/ps3. I just need a system where I can save the princess or play tecmo bowl.
                  The wii u would probably suit you well. I would stay away from the xbox one like the plague unless you are comfortable with a corporation and quite possibly the government seeing and hearing everything you do in your living room.

Comment

Yeah

Originally posted by harls View Post
                    The wii u would probably suit you well. I would stay away from the xbox one like the plague unless you are comfortable with a corporation and quite possibly the government seeing and hearing everything you do in your living room.
                    That shit ALWAYS has to be on!

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                      That shit ALWAYS has to be on!
                      Always on and supposedly will advertise to you based off what you talk about in the room with it and what the cameras see. You wear eagles clothing around it and it will advertise eagles. If KG had one it would advertise for his beloved vagiants.

Comment

Seems like one would be voluntarily entering into a 1984 world... No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                          Seems like one would be voluntarily entering into a 1984 world... No thanks.
                          It is scary how willing some people seem to be about this invasion of privacy. I enjoy playing games but i would rather never play a game again then let that into my house.

Comment

Working...
                          X