• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan Mathis On Board With Charles Kelly

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Fuck! Split locker room.

Comment

Don't think it's the worst thing in the world. In fact, the clearer the line between those who are buying in and those who are checking out, the easier it will be for Kelly to identify who goes after the season is over (or sooner).

Anytime you attempt an organizational culture shift this dramatic, there will be people who need to go. To be honest, there isn't a single member of this team I would be upset to see get cut if they don't buy in. I think that fact in itself is indicative of the need for change.

When Dawkins left, I was devastated. When Trotter was cut, I got choked up watching the press conference. When Runyan was done, I contemplated ordering a 69 Jersey out of tribute to what he stood for for so long. No one currently on this team comes close to deserving that response.

This team needs to move towards a culture driven by team-first players of passion. Fuck a DJax. Fuck a Vick. Fuck a Cary Williams, for that matter. I'll take a Kurt Coleman over any of those other fuckers any day of the week. And if Chip Kelly's overhaul means we have to part ways with some talented players who put their own selfish interests over the needs of the team, I say more power to him.

Comment

You had me until the Kurt Coleman part.

Comment

Originally posted by common wealth View Post
          Fuck! Split locker room.
          Yup. Like i said, easy to see how the vets will split up. I guess most of the rookies will have to toe Harry's line but who cares about them. You think Kelly can build the Eagles from the ground up with smoothies?

Sure are a lot of big mouths on this team.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
            Yup. Like i said, easy to see how the vets will split up. I guess most of the rookies will have to toe Harry's line but who cares about them. You think Kelly can build the Eagles from the ground up with smoothies?

Sure are a lot of big mouths on this team.
            which vets do you think HSH (c) can build around? McCoy is the only potential dissident I can think of. MeSean is probably not worth the headache and Peters is getting on...

congrats on HSH btw - seems like that will stick.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
              which vets do you think HSH (c) can build around? McCoy is the only potential dissident I can think of. MeSean is probably not worth the headache and Peters is getting on...

congrats on HSH btw - seems like that will stick.
              If he had a quarterback, he probably could work the rest out. But Foles and Barkley are awfully questionable and don't fit his traditional system. I think we got another coach who thinks hes smarter than everybody else. Hope he is.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
              X