New Rules on Bags at games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rules on Bags at games

Nothing we havent been dealing with since 911. Its kind of funny, they used to give out Eagles Back Packs and Seat cushions at the games. Now no laptop camera or other bags.

Somehow this has to be about more money to the owners....

No mention on how many bags you can bring

Originally posted by Clemson Foreaker View Post
    Nothing we havent been dealing with since 911. Its kind of funny, they used to give out Eagles Back Packs and Seat cushions at the games. Now no laptop camera or other bags.

Somehow this has to be about more money to the owners....
    So now it is all about a gallon size ziplock bag, in an effort to speed up entry? it sounds like what can you fit and amounts of said items. It is all about money, So we are upgrading to wonderful WIFI but you can not bring laptop or professional type camera's because the NFL wants to protect us from our wallets.

Comment

Well, we've certainly been dealing with it since 2003 and Hoagiegate. Once again, the Haberdasher was ahead of his time.

Comment

Most women I know won't be happy with the idea that they can't take their purse into the game.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Where are they supposed to put their feminine hygiene products?

What if they are menstruating? I guess they can buy a pad or a tampon from one of those machines in the ladies room.

Comment

these are hard hitting questions.

Comment

Jesus Christ.

Even when they enact common sense rules to prevent real danger, fans think they're being shit on.

knock, knock, knuckleheads. There are real crazy people who want to inflict real death on citizens gathered in large crowds in this country.

How indignant would you people be if an explosion happened at the Linc that killed some of the posters on this board? Especially if there were means to prevent it.

Security experts make recommendations based on actual experience. Does it save them money to just ban the bags instead of installing airport style x-ray scanners? Yes. It also saves a lot of misery and sadness. Not to mention the hassle and time of actually getting over 60,000 fans to their seats.

As much as I think most of you are assholes, I don't want to see any of you killed senselessly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                Jesus Christ.

Even when they enact common sense rules to prevent real danger, fans think they're being shit on.

knock, knock, knuckleheads. There are real crazy people who want to inflict real death on citizens gathered in large crowds in this country.

How indignant would you people be if an explosion happened at the Linc that killed some of the posters on this board? Especially if there were means to prevent it.

Security experts make recommendations based on actual experience. Does it save them money to just ban the bags instead of installing airport style x-ray scanners? Yes. It also saves a lot of misery and sadness. Not to mention the hassle and time of actually getting over 60,000 fans to their seats.

As much as I think most of you are assholes, I don't want to see any of you killed senselessly.
                Now the terrorist will blow us up in the giant packed together line before the security screening. So much better!

They can prevent attacks by searching bags instead of banning them. They don't do that because it would take hiring more staff to do the searches in a timely manner. It's all about the money. You can still buy one of those officially licensed NFL seat cushions that you can't bring into an NFL stadium.

Of course, one sensible thing they did was ban diaper bags with these new rules. We have to keep the toddlers out of the stadium. Those things are deadly. They have killed more Americans than terrorists this year and we need to start taking the threat seriously.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...rists-did-year
                Last edited by FuriousXGeorge; 06-14-2013, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
                  Now the terrorist will blow us up in the giant packed together line before the security screening. So much better!

They can prevent attacks by searching bags instead of banning them. They don't do that because it would take hiring more staff to do the searches in a timely manner. It's all about the money. You can still buy one of those officially licensed NFL seat cushions that you can't bring into an NFL stadium.

Of course, one sensible thing they did was ban diaper bags with these new rules. We have to keep the toddlers out of the stadium. Those things are deadly. They have killed more Americans than terrorists this year and we need to start taking the threat seriously.

What kind of moron would bring a baby to an NFL football game? WalMart parents I suppose.
                  Last edited by The Ref; 06-14-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post

They can prevent attacks by searching bags instead of banning them.
                    Just curious, how would it be more dangerous by banning bags as opposed to just searching them?

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                      Just curious, how would it be more dangerous by banning bags as opposed to just searching them?
                      It wouldn't be. It just doesn't make a difference. If they want to kill people at a football game, they can do it in the large crowds in a chokepoint at security before they would even be asked to open their bags. They could blow up the fans on the way in the subway. They could fly a small plane into the stands. They could blow up a car bomb on the street outside. They could do a million different things.
                      Last edited by FuriousXGeorge; 06-14-2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I guess you have never tried to get into the linc or probably every other venue. They check your bag and wave a metal detecter around you and your in. I could walk in there with 5lbs of c-4 and those clowns would never know. If the NSA is listening my name is Xsv, I have a thick soled shoe, a cane and yell at teen girls to show me your tits.
                        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

There is almost nothing stopping someone from setting off a bomb in the crowd going into the game.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

HAHAHAH!

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                            If the NSA is listening my name is Xsv, I have a thick soled shoe, a cane and yell at teen girls to show me your tits.
                            Next time I post something offensive I'm El gafe verde
                            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Or drive a truck bomb into the tailgayte section

NSA I am really El gafe verde
                              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Working...
                              X