so much for the coaching brilliance of Pop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so much for the coaching brilliance of Pop

simply needed to foul at the very end up 3 points.if the heat win the championship I will point to that moment
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

How about taking Duncan out for two straight defensive possessions on which Miami got offensive rebounds and scores? Or running the offense through Ginobli at the end? Ginobli was definitely fouled on their last possession but it was on his fourth or fifth step. They really blew it.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Nba is fixed. They need a game 7 and another title for LeBron.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Spurs choked. They had it. Bad decision by Pop pulling Duncan late, couple missed FT's, etc.

Heat will win game 7 handily too. Spurs are spent and that loss will be too hard to overcome.

Comment

yep all terrible however....

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          How about taking Duncan out for two straight defensive possessions on which Miami got offensive rebounds and scores? Or running the offense through Ginobli at the end? Ginobli was definitely fouled on their last possession but it was on his fourth or fifth step. They really blew it.
          everything is moot if they just foul there at the end.
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
            NBA can't make Ray Allen and Lebron hit a 3. NBA can't make Ginobili and Leonard miss a free throw. Haters always going to hate, but that was just an incredible game, in which the Heat stepped up beautifully and the Spurs choked miserably. Still have game 7, and I think its very plausible that Spurs team can still win it. Shame that Duncan's first half was wasted. Pop should've run the offense through him a bit more in the stretch where Miami was coming back. Great game last night.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
              Game 5 looked fishy as well.

Comment

Was screaming that at the TV

And Ginobili needs to keep his happy ass on the bench

Such a frustrating game

Comment

Missed free throws by Leonard, Parker, and Ginobili. That was it. The first one was expected. The next two weren't.

Comment

with the exception of one game and maybe a half of another, Ginobli has sucked during this playoff run. Duncan should have been out there at the end

Comment

Dude: Did you see all of those Heat fans bailing out....

...of the arena in a two possession game with 30 seconds to play? How f'ing BUSH is THAT? Wouldn't they stick around to see an NBA championship? That just shows you how f'ed up sports is these days.

Comment

If the NBA was fixed, the Spurs wouldn't even be in the Finals and it would be one of these three match ups:

Lakers vs. Heat
                        Lakers vs. Knicks
                        Lakers vs. Celtics

Comment

I would guess that most people at a Heat playoff game, especially those in good, are just people with a corporate hookup, no one who would qualify as a fan.

I have no idea what Ginobili was doing on that last possession. Just driving wildly at the basket. Maybe there was contact, but it didn't help that he took like five steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                            simply needed to foul at the very end up 3 points.if the heat win the championship I will point to that moment

He tried to be too smart. The game was lost when he had Parker and Duncan on the bench for the start of the 4th quarter. Its a fucking close out game, if those two players can't play for 12 fucking minutes then u gotta cut them.

The heat erased that 10 point deficit in three minutes. He didn't have Duncan on the court to catch the rebound because the Heat went small with 3 point shooters...thats overcoaching Pop. You keep your best players on the court during crunch time, fuck the matchups.

How do you not foul Bosh and make him shoot free throws when they had the three point lead in regulation.

I always believe that if its a foul in the first quarter, then its a foul in the fourth quarter. Having said that Giniboli was fouled, but he traveled. Ref should of called atleast one of the violations. Green was fouled on the three point shot by Bosh, but no way he was gonna hit three freethrows anyways. Pressure busts pipes, and everybody choked.

Lebron is a luck son of a bitch, if the Heat didn't win they would be killing him right now instead of sucking him off. His airball, brick, and two turnovers are now erased because Allen hit that three and Popovich forgot how to coach.

I called Spurs in 7 games, and it will happen.
                            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                              If the NBA was fixed, the Spurs wouldn't even be in the Finals and it would be one of these three match ups:

Lakers vs. Heat
                              Lakers vs. Knicks
                              Lakers vs. Celtics

Manu's nine passes to Heat players makes it seem suspicious.
                              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X