Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First post from my new homebrew computer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
    Does it double as a trash can?

I'm sure it's going to be super powerful, but I'm not sure I trust Apple as innovators anymore. Outside of connecting monitors, I think Thunderbolt is falling on deaf ears (and that thing has a zillion Thunderbolt ports), and I find that design to just be artsy fartsy BS.

Apple began frustrating me with by limiting the recent version of Quicktime (worthless next to Quicktime 7 Pro), and infuriated me with the new Final Cut. The only thing that keeps me coming back is the reliable desktops, and the fact that I've got so much invested in them in terms of software and devices.

If this machine sucks, it could be my first step to a PC and Media Composer.
    Apple pissed off everybody with final cut. But just about every pro editor I know are fluid in FC and Avid. Always were. So they just switched back (Avid was first) and didn't think much more about it. It sucked for the post houses that were all FC though. And people with legacy projects were fucked!

re: design. I'm a fan of good design. Good design transcends outer appearance. New, inventive design moves us forward. From technology, to clothes, to houses, public buildings, automotive, shipping, you name it... design improves everything so long as form follows function instead of the other way round.

Comment

Haven't built one in years. It used to be more worth it.

It got to the point where I could buy a decent Dell box for the same price of building my own. Of course you never REALLY know what you're getting inside one of those Dell boxes. I could see where building a high-end system would still be cost effective. (like what you've done) BTW, let me take this opportunity to thank you for all that you've personally done to make this board a reality. I'm sure you've invested alot of money and time and for that I am grateful. Whether it was hardware or software or hosting or whatever, it's costly. Thanks. Z

Comment

Working...
      X