Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sounds like Noel/Pelicans 1st round pick 2014 for Jrue and our 2nd rounder this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like Noel/Pelicans 1st round pick 2014 for Jrue and our 2nd rounder this year

Word on the street.
    "But again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look in the mirror."

Much better than the original report.

Comment

"much" better?

debatable.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Done by a guy who's not worried about his job security.

The Sixers are obviously not keen about winning games next season, but having two first round picks in a draft that is supposedly going to be much better than this year's may not be a bad idea.

Maybe they'll finally get the number one overall when a true franchise player is available.
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Andrew Wiggins is the next NBA great

If they somehow get him out of this, Hinkie should go to the Hall of Fame immediately

Comment

Wait a sec....when the hell did N'awlins become the freakin' Pelicans? REALLY...is that the team name? The Pelicans...wtf?
            YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

NO's pick is supposed to be protected

but the protection was described as "light" by Dee Lynam. Whatever that means. I saw something about if it were one of the top three picks.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

The Sixers will be worse than the Pelicans. I'm expecting our own pick to be the higher of the two.

If I'm Hinkie, I tell Noel as soon as he's recovered enough to practice, he practices every day with the team to develop. I also tell him he's on the Bynum/DRose in-game schedule. Tank the shit outta 2013-14 and then let the kid play with MCW in his second year as the starting PG and two very high picked rooks.
                Last edited by Sect 236; 06-27-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

I like it. Jrue is good player but to get the best Center in this years draft, and a lottery pick in next years is a no brainier. I hope Hinkie trades Turner next.

EDIT: I agree with McCarthy about MCW though. He's a turnover machine. Larkin or Muhammad was the right pick there.
                  Last edited by rothdawg; 06-27-2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

The thing about the lottery is you never know.... It would suck if they finished dead last and lost out at the #1 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                      The Sixers will be worse than the Pelicans. I'm expecting our own pick to be the higher of the two.

If I'm Hinkie, I tell Noel as soon as he's recovered enough to practice, he practices every day with the team to develop. I also tell him he's on the Bynum/DRose in-game schedule. Tank the shit outta 2013-14 and then let the kid play with MCW in his second year as the starting PG and two very high picked rooks.
                      Sounds like a plan lol and I bet its Hinkie's plan too!

Comment

I despise this trade. Jrue is practically the only guy on this team who can score. Now you add a guy who is a huge injury risk and basically has no offensive game?

Philadelphia sports are beyond horrible right now.

Comment

This was the best possible trade for the future and any chance of actually revitalizing the Sixers.

Jrue was a very good player, but he's not a superstar, and no superstars are saying "I HAVE to play with Jrue Holiday!"

If MCW develops into a quality starting PG, Noel puts it all together and plays like the #1 overall pick and they get one or two studs next year...this is an absolute home run.

You keep Jrue around and build your team around him and they remain an 8 seed at best, and Jrue starts to feel the heat Iggy used to get.

Comment

The Pelican is the state bird of Louisiana

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
                            Wait a sec....when the hell did N'awlins become the freakin' Pelicans? REALLY...is that the team name? The Pelicans...wtf?
                            Change was made a while ago. I was hoping that they would unveil their unis last night, but I guess not.
                            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post

Sixers own pick is protected from the Heat at 1-12

Comment

Working...
                              X