Well, this is fucked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, this is fucked.

The Susquehanna River, which flooded my home town in 2006 and 2011, is expected to be at flood stage again Saturday night.

Where's all the water coming from?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

hang in there buddy

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      The Susquehanna River, which flooded my home town in 2006 and 2011, is expected to be at flood stage again Saturday night.
      hope the tide goes down for you.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Problem is all the work the Army Corps of Engineers did in Elmira after Agnes just pushes the water downriver toward Tioga and Broome Counties.

Comment

The rivers of no America are going to see extensive flooding in certain areas that Are only going to get worse. Don't want to start a global warming debate so lets just say that the storms and rain amounts will continue to be more intense and the rivers will be dangerously high. Even normal levels are rising. Some difficult decisions to be made for people who live in already flood prone areas. The beauty and serenity of living by a beautiful river versus future safty.

Comment

Goddam Obama.

Comment

Ok, but why is it happening now as opposed to other times of the year?

Comment

Well, NYC is about to have record rain for June. Upstate they've been getting battered. Thunderstorms are predicted daily for the next ten days.

The flood of 2006 occurred at the beginning of July.

Comment

Well, that sucks.

Comment

agnes was brutal

I remember that storm very well. Flooded my mom's hometown in 72. I was a kid and my grandfather was fireman and had to go out and save people. My cousins house was right on the river and he had water up to his 2nd floor.

Comment

I know someone who lived in Conklin in 2005-2006. Her house was a total loss.

We've had something like 10" of rain in the last two weeks. I live on the side of a mountain, so it's not a problem for me. That being said, the next week should be interesting for anyone here that lives in the valleys

Comment

I Was In PA's Tioga County For Agnes

We lived in Wellsboro which had three federally-built flood control reservoirs ringing the town, so Wellsboro was lucky. The rest of the county was not. That's why the Corps of Engineers built the Tioga-Hammond and Cowanesque Lakes to prevent it from happening again.

Hopefully the folks back home arer luckier this time. My thoughts are with them.
                        "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Be safe, I'm with ya...

I live in the Susque valley myself , 3 times I've had to leave due to being cut off by rising waters, twice I've had to have assistance pumping water from the basement. The most recent was this past winter.

Local long time residents tell me it's happens but the occurrences seem to be increasing.

Stay safe dude.
                          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
                          X