Cops have the toughest job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops have the toughest job

just went through about half of the post headers in that thread.

Yeah, there are bad cops.

Most are doing a very tough job and doing it well.
    Last edited by Irish George; 07-10-2013, 11:36 AM.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Not saying that their job is easy

but they need to realize that shit like what happened to that dog is just a very small part of why there is so much distrust towards them when it comes to communities across the country, especially those where the overwhelming majority are people of color.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Funny, the message I seem to get is that cops have such a hard job that they don't even attempt to do it well, and a person would be naīve to think it could possibly be done well, and in fact it's disrespectful to the extreme difficulty of their jobs to expect accountability and change when overt, problematic patterns of abuse arise within police culture, but we should still respect them and appreciate them and compensate them as if they were doing the job with the highest integrity and professionalism in accordance with their oaths.
      Last edited by jrachiever; 07-10-2013, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I work at a State Attorney's office in Florida and from my experience, most cops are clueless, lazy assholes with a few good ones sprinkled in. Just anecdotal, of course. It's amazing our felony conviction rate is as high as it is with the LEAs we deal with.
        Last edited by Melchior; 07-10-2013, 12:14 PM.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by RandomFloridacopper View Post
          I work as a cop in Florida and from my experience, most State Attorneys are clueless, lazy assholes with a few good ones sprinkled in. Just anecdotal, of course. It's amazing our felony conviction rate is as high as it is with the State Attorneys we deal with.
          Its the Theory of Relativity as explained by Norman Einstein

" It all depends on your point of view"

Comment

Some cops are good. Some are the scum of the earth.

Comment

Here we are...back on the cop sh*t again

Comment

Bwaaa!
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Might I add that most cops are gun nutz too?

At least the 6 in my extended family are...
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
                    Its the Theory of Relativity as explained by Norman Einstein

" It all depends on your point of view"
                    Not quite that simple. When ASA's are bad, it shows in their numbers and they get shitcanned. Cops around here act like their job's done once they send the reports over to our office and seem offended when they have to show up for depositions/testimony.

To act like it's a wash ignores a very big problem of the incompetence of law enforcement in this country.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Great. Now this thread will......

....zig-zag down my screen forever.

Comment

Game warden is the worst job in the world:

Every person they approach has a loaded weapon!
                        "Never Look Back, Something May Be Gaining On You."

Comment

I kind of noticed that if you don't break the law and do stupid shit, they won't fuck with you.

Comment

If you're white

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                            I kind of noticed that if you don't break the law and do stupid shit, they won't fuck with you.
                            JS... it IS a reality in some places...

Comment

I know somebody who didn't break the law and do stupid shit. The New York State Police fucked with her, and my evidence professor acting as state special prosecutor put half the barracks in prison. I ate lunch weekly with several of those troopers.

I know somebody else who didn't break the law and do stupid shit. Barney Fife arrested him and ruined his life before he was absolutely cleared and charges were dropped.

Who is living in fantasyland here?

Comment

Working...
                              X