Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Gun guys...Gloc 19 Gen 4 or Sig Saur SP2022 9mm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Gun guys...Gloc 19 Gen 4 or Sig Saur SP2022 9mm?

I'm torn.

From a reliability standpoint, its hard to argue with the Glock's

Comment

Glad you said that because I committed to the Glok a little while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG JAY View Post
        I'm torn.
        Maybe you should just stuff a sock down there instead.

Comment

Couldn't go wrong with either choice

happy shooting!
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Go with the Glock. JRC makes a 9MM carbine that takes the Glock mags if you ever want to pick one up

Comment

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-p07-duty-9mm/

I'm thinking about picking up one of these. What do you gun guys think of the cz's.

Comment

Speaking Of Gun Guys -- Question -- About The Two Bank Robbers In LA

The guys who had the fully automated rifles, huge clips, body armor? The ones where they had half the LA force shooting at them with freakin Glocks? Where the cops went to a gun dealer to "requisition" big guns of their own?

Either History or The Discovery Channel has a one hour special on it and I watched the other day. They had the actual TV footage that was shot from helicopters. My question is this.

The two guys were wearing ski masks -- anybody besides me wonder why the FUCK the cops didn't go for a head shot when it became obvious what they were facing?

Just askin'.
                "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

I'd go with the one...

I'm torn.
                  ...that Asian chicks think makes you look hotter.
                  DB

Comment

Just a guess

Head shots are low percentage shots - even with a hunting rifle they are discouraged - more so with a handgun. Just more stray bullets flying around when you miss
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

That was an amazing documentary

Its extremely difficult to hit a person's head at any distance, especially early on in that firefight where the cops mostly had service pistols.

A good sniper with proper weapons and sights can do it, but they had a hard time getting into position where they had a clear shot at the perps without hitting any of the innocents in the area. Snipers take time and early on the perps had the advantage of surprise and better armor

Its also total mayhem; watching a documentary or a movie from the comfort of your couch is a lot different than being in a live firefight. Lots of yelling, lots of shooting, not knowing exactly what they are facing and how many of them there were or where they are coming from. They had some of the cops caught in a crossfire too

Think about how riled up some people get about comments on a message board... and now multiply that by eleventy billion when you're actually being shot at by a heavily armed assailant. Its just not as easy as they make it seem in the movies and most of the local PD doesn't have much chance to practice that scenario

Comment

It Just Seems Like A No Brainer

One look at the guys and you could tell they weren't wearing shorts and T-shirts, and when your guns are going bang-bang-bang and their rifles are going bangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangba ngbangbangbang, somebody needs to get on the radio and say, "Yo, everybody -- AIM FOR THE HEAD!!!"

Yeah -- I wasn't there.
                        Last edited by Kelly Green; 07-13-2013, 02:27 PM.
                        "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

I'm torn.
                          go with the G19...itll never fail you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                            One look at the guys and you could tell they weren't wearing shorts and T-shirts, and when your guns are going bang-bang-bang and their rifles are going bangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangba ngbangbangbang, somebody needs to get on the radio and say, "Yo, everybody -- AIM FOR THE HEAD!!!"

Yeah -- I wasn't there.
                            Uhhh.... go to 1:39 of this video.
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

When I first moved to LA...

I drove some drunk chick to her house in North Hollywood one night. As I pulled into her driveway I noticed half a dozen bullet holes in her mailbox. Before I had to ask, I look over my shoulder and there's the BofA.

Pretty surreal "Welcome to LA" moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X