Maclin is replaceable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maclin is replaceable

I've never been a big fan of him. He's not terrible, but he's nothing special either.

He reminds me of the Small-Johnson type receivers we used to complain about when McNabb was in his prime. OK but not great.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

He is much better than those guys. Not a superstar, but not average. We aren't doomed without him, but there is no potential replacement on this roster who is going to put up better numbers than he has averaged.

Comment

Maclin is a bum

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      I've never been a big fan of him. He's not terrible, but he's nothing special either.

He reminds me of the Small-Johnson type receivers we used to complain about when McNabb was in his prime. OK but not great.
      Too many huge drops and fumbles in the fourth quarter for me. He embodied the eagles soft wipe mentality rolling around the turf every time he got tackled only to pop back up. What really hurts is that maclin was in a contract year. He had extra incentive to play like a first round pick.

Comment

I'm kinda in this camp. It stinks but not the end of the world. He's a good player but I can think of a lot of guys I'd be way more upset about losing for the year.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I agree with this post.

He's not living up to his first round pick status but he was def the eagles most consistent and IMO best WR.

Big loss considering when it occurred. Now, fighting for WR scraps and castoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
            I agree with this post.

He's not living up to his first round pick status but he was def the eagles most consistent and IMO best WR.

Big loss considering when it occurred. Now, fighting for WR scraps and castoffs.
            I'm not going to cry over losing him for the season. Mediocre at best. At least they won't overpay him for a contract extension now.
            --------

Comment

That woulda made Banner happier than hell.

Who replaces Maclin now?

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                That woulda made Banner happier than hell.

Who replaces Maclin now?
                Mr. Bean.

Honestly I don't see that much of a dropoff. Of course Mr. Bean is no guarantee to stay healthy either.
                --------

Comment

Who the fuck is Mr. Bean?
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    Who the fuck is Mr. Bean?
                    --------

Comment

Who da fuck is that?

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        Who da fuck is that?
                        A replacement for the mediocre Jeremy Maclin.
                        --------

Comment

Is that my man DJ?

Comment

Ignore the above ... got it.

I was looking for a resemblance to Rowan Atkinson and got thrown off.

Besides, Predator is stepping in.

Comment

I guess its good it happened early in camp, when there is time to get someone else or have someone on the roster step up. Later on or during the season when rosters are set would suck, not that he was a pro bowler or anything.
                              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Working...
                              X