Clear All

• The House the Kelly (and Nike) Built

And left.

http://deadspin.com/oregons-new-foot...aden-975295515

Ridiculous.
    --
    Your Retarded

No need for Chip to worry

According to CCPete, he'll be back in that insane office in 1-2 years anyway.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Well, at least they probably hired a workforce at above minimum wage to build it.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
        Well, at least they probably hired a workforce at above minimum wage to build it.
        Not everyone can hand-weave video game room carpets.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

Yeah what's the problem?

This is academia, not big, bad, big business. Largesse is OK!
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
            The only thing academia-related about college athletics is the use of an alumni base as a revenue stream.

And I personally don't have a problem with it aside from the fact that the players receive minimal compensation with regard to what the athletics department makes off of them.
            Last edited by TerpEagle; 07-31-2013, 12:15 PM.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Amazon is opening a HUGE facility here in SA, they are starting all their workers at $15/hr regardless. Day 1 bens.

Some companies get it, others won't and they will lose their key employees.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
                Amazon is opening a HUGE facility here in SA, they are starting all their workers at $15/hr regardless. Day 1 bens.

Some companies get it, others won't and they will lose their key employees.
                Meanwhile, Amazon is putting brick and mortar retail outlets out of business allowing customers to circumvent sales tax.

* I'm an Amazon Prime member and shop there frequently.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

And didn't Amazon previously have a pretty bad reputation for how they treated their employees? I thought I remembered hearing that.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I'm also guessing that they won't hire just any "burger flipper" to work there either.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                      And didn't Amazon previously have a pretty bad reputation for how they treated their employees? I thought I remembered hearing that.
                      Gawker had a piece about working at Amazon on Monday.
                      http://gawker.com/what-is-life-like-...rker-949664345
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                        The loss prevention part hit home. I worked receiving at Wal-Mart one summer and the longest/most-hammered upon aspect was skrinkage(loss) prevention. Wal-Mart has retails shoppers, but even there those camers I think are more for monitoring the employees than the consumers. Or instilling the fear of being monitored.

Of course, even in only a few months, I knew of plenty of employees that stole with relative ease.
                        --
                        Your Retarded

Comment

They are, but it is a model that business owners are going to have to conform to. They can sell their products through Amazon.

No worse then what Walmart has done.

Also aren't they voting on internet sales tax? It makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
                            They are, but it is a model that business owners are going to have to conform to. They can sell their products through Amazon.

No worse then what Walmart has done.

Also aren't they voting on internet sales tax? It makes sense
                            Increased automation and reduced labor force.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                              Gawker had a piece about working at Amazon on Monday.
                              http://gawker.com/what-is-life-like-...rker-949664345
                              I think the author of that letter is a fairly unreliable narrator so to speak - or at least not indicitive of many warehouse workers. There apepars to be a general disdain for the job prior to even getting it and an admission of being in a position of privilege to do something else.

I wouldn't expect warehouse jobs to necessarily be the most fulfilling vocation in the world, but it sure as hell beats a lot of other shitty jobs out there.
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                              X