Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooper "excused" from "team activities"

per PRAVDA

Not enough team leaders were will willing to step up an nip this thing... and of course Vick appears to be waffling with his own support of Cooper.

This course of action is fine, although it should have been done right away.

Comment

They have to cut him. It's obvious this is having a bigger effect on the locker room than was originally let on. And, he's not good enough to justify even a little rift, let alone a full blown circus. Get rid of him.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        They have to cut him. It's obvious this is having a bigger effect on the locker room than was originally let on. And, he's not good enough to justify even a little rift, let alone a full blown circus. Get rid of him.
        Totally agree. The longer this thing drags on, the more the organization runs the risk of having players and fans question the team's dedication to uphold some pretty basic expectations for professionalism and sensitivity.

Get him some sensitivity training, get him hooked up with AA, whatever you gotta do, but then cut him loose before his presence poisons the team, divides the locker-room and sends a very dangerous message.

Comment

I wonder if any other NFL team will pick up Copper once he is cut?

It's like that NBA player Jason Collins. No team has contacted him for employment since he came out as being gay.

Comment

No they dont

They have to tell the team to grow the fuck up. He's a dope and I'm sure has no bigger regret in his life than uttering such a racist word. If the guy is genuinely sorry, let him prove it above and beyond reason. Suspend him, dock his pay, require sensitivity training, enroll him in AA- but you have to give this guy a shot to stay. Have him submit to community service. Allow something positive to come out of this by educating others on social ignorance. If he's cut you'll likely kill his career and receive no tangible benefit.

If this guy was at the caliber of a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, would you guys still be calling for him to be cut?

Its the worst word that could be uttered from ones mouth, but we're also a forgiving society that accepts apologies if they are genuine. Some of these guys in the locker room that plan to ban this guy for life better be squeaky fucking clean.

Comment

Yes they do. And they will.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Franks N Beans View Post
                If the guy is genuinely sorry, let him prove it above and beyond reason. Suspend him, dock his pay, require sensitivity training, enroll him in AA- but you have to give this guy a shot to stay. Have him submit to community service. Allow something positive to come out of this by educating others on social ignorance. If he's cut you'll likely kill his career and receive no tangible benefit.
                I agree with this, but I think the Eagles can give him a shot to stay in the league while still doing what needs to be done to maintain organizational integrity.

He's already in some sort of program. Let him do some image rehab over the next few weeks and then let him walk. They can sing the "fresh start elsewhere" song, while at the same time making it clear that members of the Eagles will not be permitted to tarnish the brand and sow racially-based divisiveness in the locker room.

If no other team picks him up, it's because he simply doesn't have the talent to overcome this stain to his reputation. That is no fault of the Eagles.

Comment

You're wrong

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                  Yes they do. And they will.
                  and they won't. They've already consulted with the league on a punishment. If cutting him was the mutual decision they would have done it already.

He'll be catching passes from Vick week 1

Comment

But he's not that caliber player and that matters. He's more or less meaningless as a player so the cost-benefit analysis is totally one-sided. I don't even have to get to the point where I consider the reasonableness of players not wanting him around. He's a back up wide receiver. See ya.

Comment

But he's not that caliber player and that matters. He's more or less meaningless as a player so the cost-benefit analysis is totally one-sided. I don't even have to get to the point where I consider the reasonableness of players not wanting him around. He's a back up wide receiver. See ya.
                      He might be the best available replacement for Maclin.

Comment

Maybe but the drop off between him and the next guy really isn't all that great. We're talking about mediocre football players. I don't care about Cooper. If the guys on the team aren't comfortable playing with a racist meathead and that means we have to cut a backup receiver then good riddance. I'm just thankful a majority of the players aren't uncomfortable playing with dudes with herpes. Then we might be out our starting quarterback and running back.

Comment

I can't agree. You have desean saying what he did in regards to someone's sexual persuasion in a league where players don't even come out for fear of what may happen along with mccoy is a bag of shit. You have a mayor who says that cooper should be kicked but nothing about them. I don't know... the whole thing sucks. I want to like this team but I still think there are a bunch of shitbags on this team.
                          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Look man, I don't disagree. I believe in forgiveness and I doubt there is a player in there that could throw the first stone and who hasn't benefited from some else's forgiveness at some point. They should try to forgive him and I hope they do. But I'm looking at this strictly as a fan who wants to see the team win and if this is going to be a distraction that affects them on the field then I want him out.

Comment

Working...
                            X