The Cooper situation proves one thing for sure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cooper situation proves one thing for sure

The Eagles quarterback competition exists for a good reason.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Supposedly its solidified Vicks spot as team leader.

So do you think this slow boil is better than if they had released him?
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Vick has come along way as a leader.

I'm not sure this situation is the shining example. He waffled.

Comment

How do you figure he's come a long way.

If this is so distracting he's got nothing.

Comment

I didnt say he was a great leader. Also i dont think the situation is resolvable.

Comment

I think you should stop throwing the term racist around loosely.

Comment

I thought Vick was more vocal the past year or two, said some appropriate leadership things... but I'm not so sure any QB could true lead some of these guys in a locker room. I posted it earlier, I don't see much depth in leadership. You can only lead when you have characters willing to be lead. Willing to contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                I think you should stop throwing the term racist around loosely.
                Does the word bother you?

Comment

When it's used loosely.

Comment

When it's used loosely.
                    I only aimed it at racists. I dont see your problem.

Comment

Racist is a term I, and most, use for someone who is pervasively racist.

Otherwise, everyone in the world is, like that Broadway YouTube posted today indicates, a racist.

Comment

Racist is a term I, and most, use for someone who is pervasively racist.
                        Pervasively racist rather than moderately racist? Are you concerned some moderate racist is getting their feelings hurt?

Comment

Pervasively racist ... as opposed to any other level.

Ironic for someone who thinks using a racial slur gets a pass depending on how well someone plays football to use the term in an all-encompassing manner.
                          Last edited by slag; 08-02-2013, 04:45 PM. Reason: more precise

Comment

Pervasively racist ... as opposed to any other level.

Ironic for someone who thinks using a racial slur gets a pass depending on how well someone plays football to use the term in an all-encompassing manner.
                            Thats a flat out lie, Slag. I said I would not give them a pass but thought it more likely their teammates would. I expected better from you. But I also expected better from you than being the self-appointed defender of less than "pervasive" racists.

Comment

Excuse me?

Did you or did you not make a distinction between Cooper saying it and Brett Favre?

PS - This incident has led to a healthy discussion of when an isolated incident of a racial slur deserves forgiveness.

And the larger discussion of whether a particular slur is more deserving of sanction.

You're the guy on the witch hunt for someone who I and others, based on this one incident, think deserves a second chance ... just like Delmon Young was given.
                              Last edited by slag; 08-02-2013, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X