I seem to recall an incident reported in an article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I seem to recall an incident reported in an article

where an employee of the Eagles made a disparaging remark about Jews and was fired. I think it was a member of the training or coaching staff. It wasn't a high profile incident when it happened... the reason was kept in house and away from the media.

I think the story might have been told in a profile of Joe Banner which for some reason no longer seems to be available online.

Does anybody remember this? I thought it was interesting considering what is going on right now.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

You might be thinking of this. Obviously a pervasive offender.

Http://m.cnet.com/news/facebook-post...fired/10192227
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      You might be thinking of this. Obviously a pervasive offender.

Http://m.cnet.com/news/facebook-post...fired/10192227
      That's not it. I think this was very early in the LurBan administration. And if I recall correctly the guy who got fired probably deserved it more than the guy in the link you posted.

I guess I'm just trying to note that it's pretty obvious there are different standards depending on your value. And Banner is gone so in many ways this is a different administration.

What would the punishment be if Cooper had been caught yelling an anti-Semitic slur? Less because very few football players are Jewish, or more because a number of NFL owners are Jewish? I don't know the answer to that question but I think it's different if you offend management as opposed to other employees.
      --------

Comment

If you fire a guy for that joke post on Facebook, why do you try to save Riley Cooper after a much more serious offense?
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          If you fire a guy for that joke post on Facebook, why do you try to save Riley Cooper after a much more serious offense?
          The only excuse I could possibly give is that Cooper did not intend to make his comment public. Anything on Facenutz is inherently public.
          --------

Comment

Working...
          X