Cooper Should Be Cut Regardless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooper Should Be Cut Regardless

Even if he hadn't said what he said, the guy made the decision to show up at a concert and start drinking at 11am AT HIS OWN STADIUM.

He got embarrassingly drunk and disorderly, and became confrontational with security personal AT HIS OWN STADIUM.

He then threatened physical violence in a crowd of concert-goers (and likely Eagles fans) AT HIS OWN FUCKING STADIUM!

Even if he hadn't used a racial slur, how do you not at least suspend a guy based on those actions alone? I'm also a bit confused how Kelce is getting a free pass for going along for the ride.

Personally, I'm going to have a hard time supporting this organization if this guy is on the roster Week 1.

If they dumped everyone of these players who get drunk and disorderly, Sister Mary Flanigan would be a serious contender for outside linebacker.

Goodell made a serious mistake by taking a pass on this. Cooper's racial rant is clearly behavior that should be addressed by the League. Instead, he threw it all on the Eagles. This seems to be taking on a life of its own with the media ...as usual....making it worse rather than better. Who knows what happens to COOPER now. Maybe he goes to Trenton tonight o watch A Rod play his final game of organized baseball.

When someone is angry or stressed out and spews hatred, it comes from the heart. Booze made it travel from the heart to the tongue but booze didn't create what was already there.

Comment

Why does it matter what stadium it is?

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
      Even if he hadn't said what he said, the guy made the decision to show up at a concert and start drinking at 11am AT HIS OWN STADIUM.

He got embarrassingly drunk and disorderly, and became confrontational with security personal AT HIS OWN STADIUM.

He then threatened physical violence in a crowd of concert-goers (and likely Eagles fans) AT HIS OWN FUCKING STADIUM!

Even if he hadn't used a racial slur, how do you not at least suspend a guy based on those actions alone? I'm also a bit confused how Kelce is getting a free pass for going along for the ride.

Personally, I'm going to have a hard time supporting this organization if this guy is on the roster Week 1.
      Cooper is a dumb shit regardless of the location. It would have been just as bad if it was recorded at a barbeque in this backyard.

He should be suspended, but cutting is too harsh and hypocritical for a league that employs dog killers, wife beaters, drunk drivers, and murderers.

Comment

The stadium matters for two reasons:

1) That's his own workplace. Any organization will have some hard decisions about an employee that creates drunken scenes, threatens security and spews racist remarks on their own time, but if it happens at the office, the consequences are pretty cut and dry. I know it is at a non-Eagles event, but it's the same security staff.

2) He's a representative of the Eagles organization making an ass of himself in the building that is the physical symbol of that organization. Everyone at that concert saw an Eagle in the Eagles stadium engaged in some disgusting and despicable behavior. If the organization doesn't distance itself from him, his acts come to define the brand, at least in terms of public perception. Now every time he catches a pass for the Eagles, it will be a reminder to all fans in the stadium of what he did and said in the very same building. How can they expect their fan base to cheer for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
          The stadium matters for two reasons:

1) That's his own workplace. Any organization will have some hard decisions about an employee that creates drunken scenes, threatens security and spews racist remarks on their own time, but if it happens at the office, the consequences are pretty cut and dry. I know it is at a non-Eagles event, but it's the same security staff.

2) He's a representative of the Eagles organization making an ass of himself in the building that is the physical symbol of that organization. Everyone at that concert saw an Eagle in the Eagles stadium engaged in some disgusting and despicable behavior. If the organization doesn't distance itself from him, his acts come to define the brand, at least in terms of public perception. Now every time he catches a pass for the Eagles, it will be a reminder to all fans in the stadium of what he did and said in the very same building. How can they expect their fan base to cheer for that?
          I think the team can put it behind them. If the news dogs let it rest. But I do tend to agree with this post. Possibly alcohol anonymous, where he could work on the 12 steps of sobriety, would be a good place for Riley.
          Last edited by iowaigglefan; 08-02-2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X