Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eagles are stupid if they don't bring in a FA wide receiver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles are stupid if they don't bring in a FA wide receiver.

Maclin is replaceale, so replace him.

Cooper is a D bag, so cut him.

Bring in another WR. Doesn't have to be Brandon Lloyd.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

They clearly aren't impressed with what's on the street or it already would have happened. Or, they think what they have is already as good as what can be got.

Now it seems the more viable route is to wait for some cuts or finagle a trade for somebody.

I think if there are no other injuries they will be okay there. But if they lose Jackson or Avant, they're fucked.

Here's who's available. Bunch of old guys and stiffs:

Brandon Lloyd
    Laurent Robinson
    Donald Jones
    Randy Moss
    Austin Collie
    Deion Branch
    Steve Breaston
    Brandon Stokley
    Chad Johnson
    Jabar Gaffney
    Roscoe Parrish (PR)
    Brandon Banks (KR/PR)
    Mike Sims-Walker
    Sammie Stroughter
    Jason Hill
    Brian Robiskie
    Ruvell Martin
    Patrick Turner
    Seyi Ajirotutu
    Greg Camarillo (PR)
    Legedu Naanee
    Mardy Gilyard (KR)
    Adrian Arrington
    Michael Clayton

And lastly -- for good measure, TO.

Comment

Wow.... that is a pretty bad group. Hoping that momah turns out to be a player. Following Twitter and apparently he had a pretty solid day yesterday?
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Agreed, but...

I think a low-level or mid-level trade might bring someone better.

Comment

I agree but who?

Lloyd apparently a locker room cancer. Moss and TO are shot. Chad Johnson is a traveling circus act. He might be ok but I doubt Kelly will bring him in.

WR looks like its a mess right now. ESP if desean continues his downward trend we've seen lately. Avant cant play outside. Need a 2 desperately.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
            They clearly aren't impressed with what's on the street or it already would have happened.
            Yeah, well what's on their roster is even less impressive. Sometimes, when guys get hurt or behave themselves off the roster you gotta suck it up and over pay for a guy who hasn't signed yet.

It's Howie Roseman's JOB to find the guy on that list who can help this team. To suggest otherwise is to absolve him of his duties as GM.

IMO, if Roseman doesn't sign a WR it's no different than dipshit Amaro not trading Chooch and Michael Young for prospects because he didn't like the prospects he was offered. Most of the time beggars are not afforded the luxury of choice and the very best GMs understand this and make the best of the options available to them.
            "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

The Eagles are just stupid in general

Comment

DeSean/Damaris might not be awful, but they would be the tiniest combo in the league.

Comment

The only one on the list that is mildly intriguing is Laurent Robinson, and I say now way. He stinks. He had one good year in Dallas, but otherwise, he's been pretty bad. I got to watch him a lot for a season, and he was really, REALLY bad.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                    Yeah, well what's on their roster is even less impressive. Sometimes, when guys get hurt or behave themselves off the roster you gotta suck it up and over pay for a guy who hasn't signed yet.

It's Howie Roseman's JOB to find the guy on that list who can help this team. To suggest otherwise is to absolve him of his duties as GM.

IMO, if Roseman doesn't sign a WR it's no different than dipshit Amaro not trading Chooch and Michael Young for prospects because he didn't like the prospects he was offered. Most of the time beggars are not afforded the luxury of choice and the very best GMs understand this and make the best of the options available to them.
                    I don't know. Seems to me that Roseman has brought in a lot of talent in the scouting department. If those guys don't like what's on the street more than what's already here, that's okay with me.

I think a trade for an existing WR is the better option.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                      I don't know. Seems to me that Roseman has brought in a lot of talent in the scouting department. If those guys don't like what's on the street more than what's already here, that's okay with me.

I think a trade for an existing WR is the better option.
                      A trade isn't a bad idea, but it seems like they rarely happen after training camp starts.
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Austin Collie is on that list and he signed with San Fran.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                          Austin Collie is on that list and he signed with San Fran.
                          Isn't he a concussion magnet?

Comment

Right now, teams are at max roster, with 90 per club that's 2880 in camp

By September there will only be 1700 - that leaves quite a few to pick from

Comment

Most likely pick up

a player after training camp cuts.....I'm not too worried with a core of talented TEs and more emphasis on a running game I think Jackson, Johnson and Avant can carry the load.

Plus Polk and McCoy can also catch, put them in the slot and let Jackson on the outside there could a lot of options.
                              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
                              X