Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when eagles took mamula over Sapp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember when eagles took mamula over Sapp?

That was epic.

No
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      That was epic.
      I was JUST thinking about this...how much watching Sapp get inducted into the HOF makes that Mamula draft pick sting even more.
      YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

A lot of teams took mediocre players over Sapp that year. Way too many red flags around that guy at the time.

Comment

I was visiting Syracuse that weekend for their annual kick ass block party. This was back when it was pretty much lawless. Was watching draft at friends house and almost threw a bottle against the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
            A lot of teams took mediocre players over Sapp that year.
            Yeah but only one team swapped picks with the team that eventually selected Warren Sapp, trading up to select another, far less talented, defensive lineman.
            "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
              I was JUST thinking about this...how much watching Sapp get inducted into the HOF makes that Mamula draft pick sting even more.
              Hey, Mamula might still get into the HOF. He's still eligible. :^p
              .....and you thought I was ugly on the outside.

"Fuck Bobby April, you can't coach awesome." ~~downundermike~~

Comment

And Buddy Ryan got rid of Chris Carter.

Comment

OMG. I saw Sapp play against Rutgers and....

....he stood out like a sore thumb on the football field. He was just tossing people around like rag dolls and spent the ENTIRE game behind the Rutgers line of scrimmage. It was SO obvious how good he was. I KNEW he was going to be a great player. There was no question in my mind. Not one.

Comment

yeah, cuz if you can dominate the rutgers OL you're a guaranteed HOF'er!

Comment

Don't hate on Rutgers, motherf*cker

Can they help it that all of the blue chip players from NJ wanted to go to Penn State to get their backs cracked by Jerry Sandusky???

Comment

Sapp was always a beast and played at the best team in the country the U

He only dropped in the draft because of the Marijuana thing if I remembered.

Comment

Shouldn't that increase your draft stock? I mean, if you're a stoner and still motivated enough to be one of the best DT's in the country? That's like hard-mode.
                          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                            Shouldn't that increase your draft stock? I mean, if you're a stoner and still motivated enough to be one of the best DT's in the country? That's like hard-mode.
                            I agree. It's amazing that Sapp has never been tested positive in the NFL if I believe.

Comment

Working...
                            X