Another WR goes down to a torn ACL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another WR goes down to a torn ACL

Arrelious Benn to miss season after tearing ACL in today's practice.
    "But again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look in the mirror."

Seriously? I didn't know he was even practicing. Believe he was an extreme long shot to make the team with the lack of reps he was getting.

Comment

NOW

they might have to look to some guys on the street or via trade

Comment

Originally posted by ReidsArmy View Post
        Arrelious Benn to miss season after tearing ACL in today's practice.
        Mr. Bean was always a long shot. I guess no conditional draft picks for Tampa.

I had hope for him if he could stay healthy but apparently he can not. Better to find out sooner than later.

Opens up some possibility for Momah but he seems really raw. I like the potential of Momah but let's get real. He's a project.

Nothing we haven't seen before with this cursed franchise. This is typical Eagles bad karma.

Usually many Eagles preseason injuries bunch up surrounding a position. The twist here is this time they brought Benn in as cheap and available insurance against injuries at WR. It wasn't a position they went light at preseason.

Eagles gotta keep an eye on the waiver wire more than ever now.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

He just came off an injury

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
          Seriously? I didn't know he was even practicing. Believe he was an extreme long shot to make the team with the lack of reps he was getting.
          But from what I read Kelly really liked him. I was pretty confident that he was going to make the team..

I think they might go 5 WRs this year and 4 TEs.

Assuming they keep 5, it's looking like Djax, Coop, Avant, Johnson, with that final spot up for graps.

Momah to the rescue --

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
            But from what I read Kelly really liked him. I was pretty confident that he was going to make the team..

I think they might go 5 WRs this year and 4 TEs.

Assuming they keep 5, it's looking like Djax, Coop, Avant, Johnson, with that final spot up for graps.

Momah to the rescue --
            Supposedly he did ok during his little time on the field, but he couldn't stay on the field. That's been the problem he has had all along.

Unless Cooper does something even more stupid it's very unlikely they get rid of him now. My guess is they knew Benn's knee was shakier than they let on.
            --------

Comment

i think Sheppard

has to make this team

Comment

Forgot about Shepard

Originally posted by NorthJerseyEAGLES View Post
                has to make this team
                you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthJerseyEAGLES View Post
                  has to make this team
                  calling Dungeon Majesty...
                  --------

Comment

He's the starting WR

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    Unless Cooper does something even more stupid it's very unlikely they get rid of him now.
                    No way he goes anywhere, especially after it seems like the team has finally moved past this. Hopefully today's practice isn't a fluke. I think he's got a lot to prove now so hopefully that translates into playing even harder.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                      I'm not sure what graps are, but the 5th Eagles WR might be more likely to grap passes than grab them this year.
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                      X