97.5 is a disgrace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97.5 is a disgrace

Still blowing the cooper trumpet. Now analyzing coopers drinking habits. I just don't understand what there is left to talk about.

Sports has created so many talking heads on TV and radio that they are competing for attention by seeing who can say the most absurd things and Draw the most attention.

Jody Mac is one of the few who stays clear of the garbage. Probably bad for his career but good for those who want to keep it about the sport and the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      Still blowing the cooper trumpet. Now analyzing coopers drinking habits. I just don't understand what there is left to talk about.

Exactly what I meant in another post about the media blowing all of this shit out of context, the guy made a mistake, he has personally and publicly apologized for it, it's done, leave it be.

But it seems that for the most part, reporting the news has been replaced by sensationalizing the news, there are far more important issues that affect everyone that should be discussed.

JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
        Misinelli and his high moral horse cannot get enough. It's been a competition to see what host can sound the most outraged.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
          Exactly what I meant in another post about the media blowing all of this shit out of context, the guy made a mistake, he has personally and publicly apologized for it, it's done, leave it be.

But it seems that for the most part, reporting the news has been replaced by sensationalizing the news, there are far more important issues that affect everyone that should be discussed.

JMHO
          Ugh yeah I'm so sick of the sports media caring too much when white athletes shout violent threats and racial slurs at black people. It's so unimportant. Can't we talk about important stuff like how much the Phillies suck instead?

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
            Ugh yeah I'm so sick of the sports media caring too much when white athletes shout violent threats and racial slurs at black people. It's so unimportant. Can't we talk about important stuff like how much the Phillies suck instead?
            There's discussing a hot topic on teh radio and then there is discussing a topic to death. What else can peopel say that hasn't already been said? It's time to move on already.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
              There's discussing a hot topic on teh radio and then there is discussing a topic to death. What else can peopel say that hasn't already been said? It's time to move on already.
              Seriously, let's get on to fresh topics like "Vick or Foles?"

Comment

I'd rather hear about vick or foles or anything else other than the drinking habits of a second string wr. I'd rather hear how bad the phils suck. The guy is an ass, it's been more than well covered, time to move along.
                Last edited by Greenstealth; 08-07-2013, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Misinelli and his high moral horse cannot get enough. It's been a competition to see what host can sound the most outraged.
                  Sounds a lot like this board.

Comment

Originally posted by chad steele View Post
                    Sounds a lot like this board.
                    Yeah, can you believe that people are claiming they actually think it's wrong for a white guy to shout violent threats and racial slurs at black people? What a bunch of phonies, clearly the only reason someone would say that is to fake outrage.

Comment

Let's line up one by one and try top each other on how outraged we all are. It was disgusting and stupid, he didn't club a baby seal or pay bums to fight, he said a bad word. He went on time out. Lets move on

Comment

Yeah, can you believe that people are claiming they actually think it's wrong for a white guy to shout violent threats and racial slurs at black people? What a bunch of phonies, clearly the only reason someone would say that is to fake outrage.
                        Please. It sounded contrived. If I didn't know any better i would have thought Cooper assassinated MLK Jr. Hosts saying that he should never be allowed to play in the NFL again. It was pure bullshit

Comment

Please. It sounded contrived. If I didn't know any better i would have thought Cooper assassinated MLK Jr. Hosts saying that he should never be allowed to play in the NFL again. It was pure bullshit
                          I know lol. Losing your job and not finding work in that same field again because you shouted a violent and racist threat at someone while you were drunk off your ass in the building where you work? Nobody could possibly think that is appropriate. I for one would hire that guy in a heartbeat!

Last edited by FuriousXGeorge; 08-07-2013, 05:58 PM.

Comment

I'm confused

I know lol. Losing your job and not finding work in that same field again because you shouted a violent and racist threat at someone while you were drunk off your ass in the building where you work? Nobody could possibly think that is appropriate. I for one would hire that guy in a heartbeat!

Are you talking about Riley Cooper or Hugh Douglas? I couldn't tell from your description of the event.

Comment

Originally posted by Franks N Beans View Post
                              Are you talking about Riley Cooper or Hugh Douglas? I couldn't tell from your description of the event.
                              Either, really.

Comment

Working...
                              X