The term "evaluation year"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The term "evaluation year"

Keeps getting tossed around here. I don't think that applies any more in the current NFL landscape. Every year a team goes worst to first, so, I don't think you need an evaluation year.

I think you bring in talent to replace injnured players. I'm not saying we need to bring in Randy Moss and we will win the Super Bowl or that we are even contending, I just think the term is very out dated
    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Last year, we saw 3 rookies QBs have pretty good seasons and become their teams # 1 for the future. I hope Barkley get an opportunity to be our # 1 during the pre season. Or at least # 2 behind Foles. How can Vick be any part of re building?

Comment

Leaving Vick on roster leads me to believe chip wants to compete right away and Vick is the best shot.

A healthy o line, revamped scheme, a new coach to better utilize weapons leads me to believe this offense is high powered enough to win games in a wide open nFC east.

Ok on offense you can say the secondary is a concern but Super Bowl teams have used WRs as DBS

Comment

** I don't agree that Vick is best shot, I say foles until Barkley out performs him

Comment

It's not outdated according to this team.

First of all you have a 14 yr history with FF/Banner no longer with this team. I said 14 yrs. New HC, new philosophy, new DC, new defensive scheme, new offensive scheme, players that never played the scheme, open QB competition ect...

This 1999 all over again with the Pickle Juice thing

Comment

If Barkley came out last year, he would have gone after Luck and RGKnee and before Tannehill.

Obviously 1st round QBs can still suck (Gabbert, Locker, Ponder etc) but what if Barkley regains the form he had Fresh-Junior year?

Sooner or later one's gotta break Philadelphia's way.

Comment

Pickle juice was 2000

Comment

I can't believe that Chip watched Vick films the past 2 years and believes that Vick is the best chance at instant success. We have 2 young QBs. One of them should take this team forward from day one.

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
                  Leaving Vick on roster leads me to believe chip wants to compete right away and Vick is the best shot.

A healthy o line, revamped scheme, a new coach to better utilize weapons leads me to believe this offense is high powered enough to win games in a wide open nFC east.

Ok on offense you can say the secondary is a concern but Super Bowl teams have used WRs as DBS
                  You are completely delusional. The new DC from the shitty Cleveland Browns is in right there with McDermott and the rest of the bums DCs' we had since JJ.

Plus you have players playing positions on the D that have to covert over to things they never experienced.
                  And where is the proof the NFC East is wide open? Could you show me a simple example?

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
                    You are completely delusional. The new DC from the shitty Cleveland Browns is in right there with McDermott and the rest of the bums DCs' we had since JJ.

Plus you have players playing positions on the D that have to covert over to things they never experienced.
                    And where is the proof the NFC East is wide open? Could you show me a simple example?
                    Who's the lock to win the NFC East?

4 years in a row the NFC South was won by the basement team from previous year

Comment

Pickle juice was 2000
                      Yep! it was a un-experienced NFL(FF) HC with a new idea and new era just like Chip Kelly with the flash cards and one point thinking about putting Lane Johnson out there as a WR.

I remember FF first play called in his career was a offside kick if I remembered

Comment

Who's the lock to win the NFC East?

4 years in a row the NFC South was won by the basement team from previous year
                        What does this have to do with the NFC East? Two totally different divisions.

Comment

I hope so as well, but I heard one report yesterday on the news that Barkley is clearly out of the running, the one disappointing critique being he was lacking the arm strength some plays were requiring.
                          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Sort of

IMO Vicks' job and continued presence is to allow the Eagles to be competitive and win a few games while installing, refining, building and rolling out the rest of the master plan. Nobody has any illusions that Vick is a long-term answer

Vick keeps the team somewhat viable while Kelly implements his schemes. If the Eagles imploded early and often, there would be a lynch mob calling for his head and Lurie can't have that

Kelly is a new HC, has little credibility or goodwill in the bank and needs a crutch to keep it viable until he does have credibility and the right personnel to run his schemes

No sense killing Foles or Barkley at this fragile stage of their NFL careers. Vick is the throwaway who will hold the fort, win a couple of games and keep the pitchforks at bay

THEN, the real plan will come into focus. The plan isn't to win a Championship with Vick, its to win one after he is gone. But if Chip doesn't win a few games now, especially in the division, he may never get the chance

The Vick-bridge buys him time.

Comment

Bottom line for me on Vick/Foles, Vick has been an NFL QB for 12 years (minus of course his time away) he has played for numerous coaches in varying offensive schemes.

Foles has been an NFL QB for 1 year, and a "short" year at that if you consider the lack of a real TC, and a team is constant turmoil.

With Chip listing them both as viable starters this late in TC only tells me that Foles is the guy.

I don't see Vick getting any better, younger, or faster, on the other hand Foles is just getting started.

Start Foles, I want a guy that see OVER the damn line for change!

Comment

Working...
                              X