Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me start by saying I did not watch the game

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
    I'm willing to reserve judgment on Davis provided the defense shows improvement. My opinion is that this was the worst defense in the NFL last season and the worst Eagles defense I have ever seen as a fan.

When people say that the defense is as bad as last season I don't think they truly appreciate how horrible last season's defense was.

That said, while I appreciate what guys like Trent Cole did for this franchise it's gonna be somewhat interesting to see younger players take the jobs from the stale veterans who need to be put out to pasture.

Give it time, it's gonna take two years to unwind the tangled mess Reid left this franchise on the defensive side of the ball.
    But if Cole looked as lost as many have said he did and does not show improvement over the next month or so, you have to think he is a candidate for trade or release.

I understand the cap hit ($6 mill) is huge, but having him active on game day and floundering out there is probably not worth it.

Graham doesn't seem to be any better and there aren't any current roster younger players to take their spots. The two of them may be hurting the chances of implementing the 3-4 as designed.

Comment

The worst part of last night's defense is that they still look very soft. On that first long run, even Fletcher Cox was manhandled. And I mean manhandled. The Pats O lineman pancaked him flat on his back in under two seconds.

And then, of course, Nate Allen did his best flailing arm tackle in the open field.

The D is still very soft. I was hoping that even if they're having trouble understanding the playbook, they'd at least be tougher players than last year. But nope. Buncha nancy's out there. Embarrassing.

The only way this team is gonna win games this season is with a shootout. Nobody is going to have trouble putting up 28-35 points on this D every game.

Comment

Defense does not win championships in today's NFL. has not been the case in a dozen years.

Offense, great QB play, and coaching are most important pieces to the winning puzzle.
        Last edited by Ellsworth; 08-10-2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Great defenses still make all the difference

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
          Defense does not win championships in today's NFL. has not been the case in a dozen years.

Offense, great QB play, and coaching are most important pieces to the winning puzzle.
          Especially in the playoffs.

(See Ravens, 49ers)

Comment

Flacco carried the ravens to the title. SF caught fire once kaepernik took over. They had a great D but Both marched up and down the field in the SB as well.
            Last edited by Ellsworth; 08-10-2013, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Yeah

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              Flacco carried the ravens to the title. SF caught fire once kaepernik took over. They had a great D but Both marched up and down the field in the SB as well.
              But teams like GB and NE with explosive offenses crumbled because their defenses were shit.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                But teams like GB and NE with explosive offenses crumbled because their defenses were shit.
                Denver, too. All these people are picking Denver to win the Bowl this year but unless Champ Bailey was hurt last season he is done-zo. Pairing him with DRC is a recipe for disaster, not success.
                "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Working...
                X