How did our defense become this bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did our defense become this bad?

Now we're changing systems again and converting people to positions they've never played and techniques they've never practiced. It's gonna kill us. We might get into some shootouts, but we'll also be playing from behind and that spells trouble with Vick (or any of these other QB's). Brian Dawkins is probably dry heaving by halftime of these games. It's too bad because if we even had a half-way competent defense we would be in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Two Gap Penetrator; 08-11-2013, 10:31 AM.

Seriously, if Chip Kelly was smart he would....

...totally commit to running the football. It's the only chance you have when you're flying with a dogshit defense. If you can't get the ball out of the other team's hands, you have to keep it out of their hands with your offense. I do worry about Bryce Brown and the dog killer fumbling though.

Comment

quit answering your own posts

Forget about the D, we're gonna be the late70s early80s chargers
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Jim Johnson died. That was pretty much the end. Luckily it looks like Chip ball could result in enough points to keep us in some games. I think Chip is ultimately going to need his own JJ - someone he can hand it off too. I don't think he's really interested in that side of the ball.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Poor Drafting

Started to show. Eventually they started running out of Rhodes' guys. Then there was that commitment to not drafting a linebacker earlier than the 5th round coupled with utterly missing on the players they actually did draft high...

Comment

This answer your question?

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...ndset-eagles-d
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Uggh. That article is sickening. But the Eagles defense got soft way before the arrival of Kelly.

What I find disturbing is that Kelly doesn't seem to want to change the soft culture which was allowed to develop on defense.

I've said it before, and I'm probably going to keep coming back to this, but the Kelly area is starting to remind me of Arena ball. Maybe that is the way the league is going and it will result in success. I don't know.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

If you want chip, you get chip ball. For better or worse, you are not gong to get a defense dominated team. Just hope the D can hold the opponent to 4 TDs and let chip ball out score them. It won't work. Will be exciting and we can make some money testing the OVER, but its not a plan that can succeed in the NFL.........unless maybe if Tom Brady play for you.

Comment

Williams is probably right but I'll care mote about his opinion when he stops picking out sconces and sitting on the sidelines and actually starts contributing. Either way, this team has been embarrassingly soft for a few years now.

Comment

Be a lot of 48-38 games this year

Comment

I liked it when Kelly said early on that he wanted bigger people because they beat up little people ... and it could be that Kelly is simply making Williams not do stupid shit after the whistle.

However, I'm not crazy about the statement by Williams about how the vibe in Philadelphia is different than in Baltimore, with the clear implication that they are more beat-your-ass there.

The Runyan and Trotter mentality is what the Eagles appear to need, and it showed on the field Friday.
                      Last edited by slag; 08-11-2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

They are definitely soft. It sucks. But Williams is kind of a dolt. He's not exactly the guy I think of when I think of Baltimore's d. He got torched a few times in the SB and he's lucky he didn't get tossed for pushing that ref.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                          The Runyan and Trotter mentality is what the Eagles appear to need, and it showed on the field Friday.
                          I could not agree with this more.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

2 knowledgable football fans at work are die hard raven fans. Both of them shared this opinion on Williams:

"He sucks, dude"

Comment

Those guys, win or lose, wanted the other team to know they had been in a fucking football game.

Comment

Working...
                              X