• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golfphans - pick the hole 5 hr Furyk chokes the chicken

He'll run out of energy... again.

Would like to see two chins Dufner win it
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

17&18 he will bogey.

Hope Dufner wins but have a feeling Scott may kill it today.

Stetson will probably win.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 08-11-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

5 hr energy will lose the lead by the 4th hole.

I always pull for Dufner.
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

If Dufner doesn't collapse he's got it. No birdies left for a guy with furyk's "length"

Comment

Incredible shot by Duffner on the 8th hole.

That was the turning point imo.

Comment

Yeah, he was awesome all day on his approach shots.

Furyk did bogey last 2 holes like I thought he would. So did dufner but he played them smart and protected his lead.

I'm gonna change my approach to shots to that dufner waggle waggle waggle and then snap hook my shots into the woods instead. It'll be a nice Change from my current "practice swing practice swing snap hook into the woods"

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              Yeah, he was awesome all day on his approach shots.

Furyk did bogey last 2 holes like I thought he would. So did dufner but he played them smart and protected his lead.

I'm gonna change my approach to shots to that dufner waggle waggle waggle and then snap hook my shots into the woods instead. It'll be a nice Change from my current "practice swing practice swing snap hook into the woods"
              I just love Dufner's tee shot because he dosen't lift his right leg. It's a thing of beauty on that swing.

Comment

Hahah

The duf waggle is great. I'm gonna try it too

Comment

it looks like it's so easy and relaxing. i'm sure it'll make me

1. overswing
                  2. pull my head
                  3. top the ball
                  4. suck more (if possible)

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                    it looks like it's so easy and relaxing. i'm sure it'll make me

1. overswing
                    2. pull my head
                    3. top the ball
                    4. suck more (if possible)
                    It looks like a swing that could cause a hernia or lower back pains

Comment

I've already adapted Snedeker's putting ritual

Still miss 3 footers!

We have a golf tourney (scramble) this afternoon. GOnna try the duf waggle
                      Last edited by Riccardo; 08-12-2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I never understood the value of a pre-shot routine ... but every pro has one.

Now I get it.

On a recommendation from a good player I know, I read a book by a sports psychologist who works a lot with golfers (named Bob Rotella) ... it appears that the reason you do it is that it's supposed to get you in a place where you have the "physical" feel you want before you hit.

That, then, supposedly keeps you from thinking mechanical thoughts during the swing and just keeps you focused on hitting your target.

The routine isn't the key ... waggle smaggle ... it's whatever gets you set mechanically so you don't think about anything but the target after you're set up.

That'll be 60 dollars ... I take credit cards.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Muscle memory.

Comment

It's no different than a baskeball player at the FT line rehearsing his shot.

Comment

Muscle memory is what you do in every sport but in golf you have too long to think about it so the preshot routine supposedly gets you in the right mindset so you don't think about it.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X