Typical that Sean McDermott now has a good D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical that Sean McDermott now has a good D

Been three years as Panthers D coordinator and they have become a pretty good defense. That's the way things seem to go for the birds.

Yup...

Panthers just broke camp here yesterday. Got to talk to Opie a bunch. Good guy. He was overmatched and under talented with Eagles. Panthers may have one of the best trios of LB's in NFC. Kuechly is a beast which we will see tomorrow night

Comment

It's all about talent. They went and drafted a nice DL, too.

Comment

Dream Team!

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
        It's all about talent. They went and drafted a nice DL, too.
        nm

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
          Been three years as Panthers D coordinator and they have become a pretty good defense. That's the way things seem to go for the birds.
          He's working for a defensive HC. It's hard to give coordinators too much credit in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
            He's working for a defensive HC. It's hard to give coordinators too much credit in that situation.
            He probably also learned a thing or two from Rivera as well to make him better. With Johnson gone, Reid was his defensive mentor.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

He was just a stop gap while andy finished grooming juan for the job. That was the plan, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                He was just a stop gap while andy finished grooming juan for the job. That was the plan, right?
                I think Reid was being honest in saying that McDermott was in over his head, especially following Johnson. But I think the FO didn't do him any favors in terms of talent or support. Had Dawkins stayed perhaps things would have been a bit different.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

The whole juan thing is just laughably, absurdly, bizarre. Imo a parallel to the ronnie brown attempted td pass. To this day it still mystifies me.
                  Last edited by Greenstealth; 08-14-2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

I truly believe this Davis guy is a stop gap as well. This guy blows

Comment

Maybe. I didn't think Mcdermott was a stop gap, he was probably the most logical choice at the time if they wanted to promote from within. The thing is, dick lebeau couldn't coach these pansies into being respectable. I think davis is probably the best d coordinator this team has seen since jj, thats saying nothing though. I don't know if he's a bum considering the shitholes he's coached at. Being an eagles fan, I want to think he will put together a decent team and coach them up. The other side to that coin is that I know better than that and he probably is a bum. Negaldelphian.

Comment

Working...
                      X