Why do I even watch the phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I even watch the phillies

The stench of the rotting carcasses is overwhelming. Baseball is really uninteresting for me this year. I was hoping Ruf would have looked a little better, he looks like a ph/platoon player at best.

What's wrong with Ruf? .902 OPS, hitting a HR every 16 at bats. He's a butcher in the field, he should be a 1b but we know that will never happen here. One way or another they'll need his bat in the lineup next year because he's the only righty.

Comment

I think because of the season he had in Reading last year, some might have overestimated what his ceiling is.

He's 27 already. I can't imagine he's going to get much "better" with age.

He's a piece, not a cornerstone.

Comment

I couldn't have said it any better

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
        I think because of the season he had in Reading last year, some might have overestimated what his ceiling is.

And this is a team of pieces. There is nothing left to build around. Rollins is totally cooked. Howard has a negative w.a.r. for the last couple of seasons. Thank god they got 08...

Comment

I don't disagree with that. I just think he's played well since being called up. They certainly would've been better off with him than Fat Delmon all year.

Comment

I couldn't agree more.

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
            I don't disagree with that. I just think he's played well since being called up. They certainly would've been better off with him than Fat Delmon all year.
            Ruf through 40 games 130ab, 9hr, 21rbi, 45k. Prorated over 500ab that would be 35hr, 81rbi, 173k.

I'll take that. I don't care how much he strikes out, 170+ isn't exactly unusual for a guy with power. Delmon Young was horrible.

Comment

I don't know either, these games don't even count

Comment

Let's put it this way, Ruf is not one of their problems. Their problem was they didn't cut bait with a single player at the deadline and are now going into next season with the same old team, just a year older.

Comment

not even

Let's put it this way, Ruf is not one of their problems. Their problem was they didn't cut bait with a single player at the deadline and are now going into next season with the same old team, just a year older.
                  Young is still here for no reason? Few players on this roster are untouchable and even those that are could still be had for the right price.

Comment

I read today that Young cleared waivers ... so maybe he soon be traded.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I agree. I think Amaro thought he had more leverage in the Young to the Yankees deal. Plus Kendrick should've been moved when his value was at his highest, now he has struggled.

Comment

I think this is exactly it

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
                        Ruf through 40 games 130ab, 9hr, 21rbi, 45k. Prorated over 500ab that would be 35hr, 81rbi, 173k.

I'll take that. I don't care how much he strikes out, 170+ isn't exactly unusual for a guy with power. Delmon Young was horrible.
                        The guy isn't going to be an MVP, but he's a decent starter with great power, and he hits right-handed. 3B, SS and C could all be terrible next year, and assuming Ruf is in RF who knows what Howard is going to give you. Ruf should be the least of this team's concerns right now.

Comment

Working...
                        X